Author Topic: I Lost My Rabbit  (Read 2003 times)

Offline animalcrazy

I Lost My Rabbit
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
When I went out to feed my pets on Wednesday (2 days ago), poor Gus was laying on his side not breathing and I couldn't wake him up :crybaby2:.  I couldn't bring myself to touch him to see if he was still alive, so I called my mom out to check.  I already knew he was gone, but I didn't want to believe it; he just seemed so happy when he was out with his buddies running around the day before, granted he wasn't as active as he used to be, but he was getting old.

Gus used to belong to a lady who went to school with my sister fifteen years ago and I went to school with her brother.  When she married and moved away, she couldn't take him with her and her family didn't have the time to spend time with him.  She and her family wanted him to be in a home where they trust the family.  I really need to let them know that our baby has passed  :(, and I am dreading that conversation.

I am extremely sad that Gus is gone, but I know that he was happy living here, he had lots of friends so he wasn't alone, for that I am happy.

I cried that day, not a lot, and I have cried since then but not like I usually do when I lose a pet, the only reason I can think of is that he could interact with people and more importantly to him with other rabbits (he liked my other bunnies more than me, he really missed his first family :( ).  I only had Gus-Gus for a short time, but I was immediately in love with him.

I prayed for God to take him to a good place, and I told my other pets that I have lost to watch out and take care of Gus.

We all love and miss you Gus-Gus, especially me and your best buddy, Simba.  :'( :heart: :heart: :heart:
Loving my bunnies, gerbils, frogs, fish, turtles, snails, and my boyfriend!

Offline Kabbie

• Posts Too Much!
  • ibrux iboggle irat
Re: I Lost My Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
I'm truly sorry for your loss  :'( :'( :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline animalcrazy

Re: I Lost My Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »
Thanks Kabbie.

I gave some of Gus' toys to Simba and his water bottle to Buckeye and Gizmo.  Sometimes Buckeye doesn't like share when he is really thirsty, most of the time when that's the problem when they knocked their water bottle off the cage and to the floor  :yelcutelaugh: .  So Gizmo thanks you Gus-Gus.

I don't think Simba knew why I gave him the toys, it was one of the first things I did after I found Gus (and fed the rest of my critters, every single one of their heads were focused on me, my babies know when it's supper time! ;D).  Hopefully there is enough of Gus' scent on them for Simba.  Gus-Gus didn't really play with toys he was more into cardboard and shredding paper, but when I give something to one rabbit, they ALL think they have to have it, but once it's in their cage at least two of them ignore it (and it is always the same two, yea I am talking about you Precious and Snowy); that first part applies to my gerbils, but they are so much more grateful.

It is just so strange to see his cage empty everyday, and I miss his big nose.  I'd post a picture of him if I could figure out how to :icon_scratch: and if the best picture I had of Gus wasn't on my cell :doh: :doh: :doh:.

I still haven't told his first family about Gus' passing, it is not a good conversation to have.

I still really miss you Gus-Gus and so do Simba and the rest of your friends.
Loving my bunnies, gerbils, frogs, fish, turtles, snails, and my boyfriend!