Author Topic: Calling hammock makers and rescues: hammocks to rescues for the holidays :D  (Read 17187 times)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Or help cover shipping costs ... I'm sure between 4 of us that can use a sewing machine here ... we can come up with a decent amount to donate!!

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
RRR hadn't seen this thread yet ... but I'm in contanct with them ... and I'm going to donate a box to them ... probably a big box ... but we'll see yea ??

I don't know if we're assigning specific people to specific rescues..

but ... we're going to start sewing (orrr atleast cutting things out and getting them ready to sew for tommorrow) stuff tonight and see how much we can do in a day/night ... Iiii was up til 4 am ... am just waking up ... so I'll be up til 4 or so again tonight ... prolly buzzzzzing away at the sewing machine ... rofl

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
I'm sorry I've been lagging on this thread! My flu is killing me, and I just messed up a ligament in my knee...from slipping in the shower  :doh: But yes, JesB if you'd like to donate to RRR, I could just have it as though they were assigned to you. Good luck sewing! Time flies when you're concentrating
Custom hammocks <3 Add Ty's Rat Shack on facebook!

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Yea ... I'll see what I can get done by say .. .Midnovember ... and if I thiiink imma need help ... as in I can't make enough ... I'll let you guys know!!

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
*bump*

:)

Offline tfaetroutercrout

• flame and nayme *rb*
lol, so i feel rediculous, i have been making hammocks and such for my ouw rats by hand, come to find out, my mom has been hiding a sewing machine, cheeky monkey! lol anyway, on this discovery, i will be more than happy to donate some, im not sure on how much, but being out of a job right now, im sure there will be plenty.

Offline tfaetroutercrout

• flame and nayme *rb*
lol, so the sewing machine was hiding cuz it was broken... epic fail, ill still try to get some stuff donated tho

Offline Claymore

• Posts Too Much!
  • Claymore my <3
Re: Calling hammock makers and rescues: hammocks to rescues for the holidays :D
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 01:24:02 AM »
You can actually get a relatively inexpensive sewing machine from Walmart or Sears.  Check them out online.  The Brother sewing machines are pretty good, I have a couple.  Singer is another good brand with some basic machines at a decent price. 

I "might" be able to donate to Little Mischief, either directly, or to their fosters in my area.  Not a for sure, but I'll see what I can do.
Happy Endings Mischief: Jack, Cooper, Moe, Solitaire, Othello, Rossie, Jazz, Raquaza, Elmo, Breeze, LaRaeRae & Laurelee.

Rainbow Bridge: 29 angels waiting

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 01:49:07 PM »
Are you assigning people to rescues? Lol, you started this, so I guess you're in charge, Tyetsu.

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »
I will let this go for maybe another week, and then i'll start assigning people to rescues. I might see if there are ppl who have requests, but yeah, that'll be in a week or two.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 09:31:10 PM »
Iii already have 2 hammocks made up ... and I'm about to try out making a corner hammock AND a cube tonight ... so we'll see how many slight messups I have that can get sent out   heh

Offline Claymore

• Posts Too Much!
  • Claymore my <3
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »
I can definitely donate to Little Mischief Rescue, I just picked up some fabric.

To those who don't have sewing machines, and would like to get a simple one, Walmart has a good, simple Brother sewing machine for $75.  I have one for my girls, and I really like it.
Happy Endings Mischief: Jack, Cooper, Moe, Solitaire, Othello, Rossie, Jazz, Raquaza, Elmo, Breeze, LaRaeRae & Laurelee.

Rainbow Bridge: 29 angels waiting

Offline LWade0319

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
I'd like to help!  I only just recently started to make my own hammies courtesy of the rattributes link and I'm sure that won't be cranking them out with the speed and efficiency of some of the pros  :bow: out there, but I'd like to try! 

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »
I sent the OP an pm, but did not hear back. I'd like to nominate another rescue in need of hammocks/toys for their rats/ferrets - Critter Camp http://www.crittercamp.biz/

They have over 20 ferrets and many, many rats, and you can see (somewhat) the cages they're in.  They don't seem to have any hammocks at all for their rats, and I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated.  I know they're not rat specific, but they do get a large number in, and have had to turn quite a few away recently due to space and resources.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »
I have a big hammock, a little hammock and 2 corner hammocks allll done for RRR ...  I barely got those done before my machine called it quits ... i'm going to take it apart later and seee if I can clean it and get it working right again.  kate is gonna see if she can borrow her moms machine, and then, hopefully with mine fixed, we can bang out some stuff to donate in double time!

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »
I am no professional but I can definitely make up some hammocks for rescues over the holidays. :)  I will have time before and after finals, but it won't be until Dec. 4th or so.

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »
Topaz! I'm sorry, I did not get your PM! I have been having trouble with the campus wireless and accessing certain parts of the internet, but I will definitely add critter camp to the list! Thanks so much!

Lwade: Thank you! I'll add you to the list and no worries about experience! I'm sure whatever you offer will be great!

synalovator: Thank youuuu so much! I know what oyu mean about finals T_T But I have cover grades this semester as a freshman soooo taking advantage of that kekekeke!

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »
I just wanted to mention that whatever rescue I donate to should be willing to accept "recycled hammocks". Aka made out of old shirts, bath robes, etc along with maybe some new fabric. This is a way for me to cut costs a ton and be able to make a good amount of hammocks because I can't afford to buy a bunch of fabric to donate  ;)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:26 AM »
I have a custom order to work on tonight/tomorrow, along with liners for HVRR, but, what ever chunks of fabric I have left from my cuttings and makings, I'll use to make some more hammocks (or tubes or whatever) if they pieces are big enough, and add them to my slowly growing pile for donations.  I'll have a good amount ready and on it's way to be there for Christmassss!

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
Just to give everyone an idea on Critter Camp's hammock needs, here is a photo of one of the kinkajou's sleep sack

No, they're not in filth. It's just that worn.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
OMG!  I love Kinks ... I've heard some horror stories, but I still think they're beautiful.

If anyone wants to donate fabric, I'll gladly make stuff for any rescue you choose.  I have one to donate to myself, but I'm going to see what I can get from the clearance bins at the 2 local Joanns to make this as easy on my empty pockets as possible.  LOL

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
Hey Ty, just wanted to let you know I am definately still in, I have just been really sick and haven't been around for a few days or so. But I still want in for sure!! :thumbsup2: I'll try and keep an eye on the thread this weekend to see if we are gonna get assigned to rescues. I'm so excited to do this.

Offline monkey7

• Posts Too Much!
    • Monkey's Corner
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »
Just bumpin' this back up.   :)

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
Here is another rescue: Tipsy Tails Small Animal Rescue  :)

Offline kwoolie

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
http://kavidsrodentrescue.blogspot.com/ we would appreciate any help given  :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile: