Author Topic: Calling hammock makers and rescues: hammocks to rescues for the holidays :D  (Read 17179 times)

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
Re: Calling hammock makers and rescues: hammocks to rescues for the holidays :D
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
LWade0319: I sent you a pm, please check it.
Custom hammocks <3 Add Ty's Rat Shack on facebook!

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2009, 12:33:13 AM »
Hooray! I've already made a good bit of flats/simpler hammocks from tidbits of fabric here and there. I need to get pumping on some cubes and other fun things. I'll post a picture when I'm back from my Thanksgiving festivities. :thumbsup2:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:40 AM »
Ok it looks like Houston Rat Rescue has one rat left and they aren't going to be rescuing anymore. She has 10 personal rats and I am going to send over a few to her to thank her for all her hard work rescuing ratties.

Does anyone need/want help with hammocks for their rescue? Maybe a rescue that has LOTS of rats?

Offline Trillian

• Posts Too Much!
  • Music + Rats = Life and Love
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2009, 05:11:57 AM »
I'd be happy to help out  :thumbsup2: I'm not the BEST hammock maker but I'd be more than happy to make a few snuggly things for cutie putooties have something warm to cuddle in. Just got my sewing machine working again and have been working on my winter gift swap partner's stuff :3 Just let me know if I'm wanted/needed ;)
CLICK US! PLEASE CLICK US! WE WANT TO LIVE!!!

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »
Neelia: Thank you for letting me know! I will pair you up with someone for one of the bigger rescues with lots of rats. I'll PM you later today after I look through all the rescues

Trillian: Of course you're wanted  ;D Thanks so much for offering! I will also pair you up with someone for one of the bigger rescues and PM you later today! Thank you again!

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
Well, here's what I have for Wee Companions so far:

It's 15 hammocks of different kinds, plus a couple yards of 2 different fabrics, a bag of fleece scraps, and a fleece throw that I thought they could use to line cages with. It barely all squeezes into a large flat rate box, LOL. But I notice they have a wish list on their site, so I may try and get them a couple of items from their list as well, if they'll fit that is, haha. :yelcutelaugh: I'm so happy to be doing this!! And I've never donated to Wee Companions before, so thank you for assigning me to them Ty! :wink5:

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
JESUS woman!!  :-D

I have some cooking to do today, and I couple projects to finish, but ... I JUST noticed the list of who-has-who early, so I emailed them, and am waiting to hear back what they'd like.  IDK if it would have been faster (IDK if they're even on GM) to have just PM'd them, but I went to the website and got it done.  We're plannnnning on hitting Joanns on Black Friday, but as soon as I hear back from them, I'm going to get started on their stuff.  I feeeeel like I'm behind, but it looks like they're one of the smaller rescues (which I'm kind of glad for right now).  Anyways, back to sewing so I can get stuff done  LOL.

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
LOTR: Hehe you're awesome!  ;D They have so many permanent rescues as well, I know they'll love you for this!

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
LOTR_Ratties, That's amazing! As for shipping, if you HAVE a bigger box, I would try that. I know a flat rate box is around $10, but I sent out a giant box of 4 sets of all fleece, double CN liners (aka 8 pan liners with batting and 8 shelf liners) in a box the size of at least 3 of the flat rate boxes and it only cost me $16, I think. So if you have more stuff to shove in and hammocks aren't that heavy, you could try a regular box sent Parcel Post, too. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you didn't think of it. Hopefully it saves you some $$.

Offline Trillian

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »

I'm no where NEAR done yet but here is what I have so far. Two double deckers, one double hammock, One pocket hammock, One "peek-a-boo" hammock, and Two normal hammocks. I still have a bunch more to make including using the rest of that brown fabric :3

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2009, 12:20:46 AM »
Trillian and Neelia: I and pming you :)

Offline Drache

• The Crittery
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2009, 04:16:05 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and say Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! for considering us. 6 months ago this would have been a dream come true, but like I told Neelia I just wouldn't feel right taking a whole load of hammocks knowing that most of them will only get used by my personal rats. It's so wonderful to see the rat community pull together like this and take the time and effort to help out us rescue people. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but sometimes we would go many many months with no donations aside from what we collect in adoption fees. Many other animal communities I am in are way less generous and community-minded. So thanks again!

Maybe next year I will have my own sewing machine and I can help donate to the people who are still able to rescue. :)

-Rebecca K.
Houston Rat Rescue (Formerly)

PM me if you need help joining!

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »
Hm... Tipsy Tails hasn't been on since the 17th. I PMed, but I think the last I heard she was feeling under the weather. Anyone have info? I'd like to find out if they have a wishlist and need anythnig besides hammocks..

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »
Well, I emailed Critter Camp and have a list of hammocks that they would like, and will definitely start work on that later this week (yay!).  If anyone else would also like to donate to Critter Camp they have 250 animals of all shapes and sizes (from kinkajou's to a fennec and arctic fox to rats to ferrets, and pretty much everything between) and I get the feeling they are in need, particularly because they are not a rehoming-based shelter.  They generally keep the animals surrendered to them and rehome based on what private adopters who approach them want (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

I do have one technical question: I'm planning on sewing a couple of sleep sacks for their Kinkajous and other animals, and was wondering where the best place for me to put grommet holes in for hanging would be.  Or would it be better for me to put ribbons?  In a picture posted previously on this thread it shows a Kinkajou in a hanging sleep sack.  What do you guys think would be the best way to do it?

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2009, 12:15:56 AM »
Hm... Tipsy Tails hasn't been on since the 17th. I PMed, but I think the last I heard she was feeling under the weather. Anyone have info? I'd like to find out if they have a wishlist and need anythnig besides hammocks..

She posted a thread in the pack rat section asking for other supplies they were in need of:
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4062893.0

As to whether she is under the weather I haven't heard yet, but maybe you could contact her through her rescue?

Offline Kassy

• Critter Caretaker Extraordinaire
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »
What an awesome idea!  I don't make hammocks nor am I a rescue, I just wanted to say thank you to whoever participates anyway.  :)
Rattie mom to Poe, Squiz & Mixie!
Doggie mom to Kessen the Shetland Sheepdog, and the ferret disasters Dar, Shar & Bo.
Mousie mom to Molly & Peanut.

To those who have come before and left paw prints on my heart, you are gone but never forgotten.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:15 AM »
Well, I mailed my package to Wee Companions yesterday! So it should get to them Wednesday. I changed the contents a bit, though. It included the 15 hammocks, the fleece throw, the bag of fleece scraps, and rather than sending them the fabric, instead I included several items from their wish list. Sure hope they like it!! :hyper: :hyper:

Offline Trillian

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2009, 06:08:07 AM »
does anyone know if Mainely Rat Rescue has a wish list and their mailing address?

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2009, 07:32:13 AM »
Heh.  Yay!! I'm glad I'm not the only person that's gonna send stuff from their wish list :-D

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
Here is my load for CCRR so far: 8 flats, 2 pockets and 1 cube plus a fleece rope/toys. I'm going to get started on some bunks and more pockets soon. :thumbsup2:

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
OH wow ... I really need to get my butt in gear ...   I got the ipod ready today, and went to feed everyone and then was going to get sewwwwing ... but ... *sigh* ... still sitting here ... I'm about to go clean the ferrets and kick my own butt into going ..

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
EHG -- that purple elephant fabric is to die for!  I love it!

I ordered like, 21 yard of fabric from JoAnns yesterday and will be getting it in the mail later this week.  Today I'm cutting up what fabric I do have into the rescue's requested pieces (cubes, triangles, snuggle sacks, tubes, though I'll probably end up throwing some flats and bunks in there too from left overs) and then next week I will get SEWING.  No class, no finals, just sewing and cleaning.  Woo.

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Trillian if you go to their website www.mainelyratrescue.org they have a wishlist on the side bar thingy.

Evilhobbitgirl...THAT LOOKS AMAZING! I love love love all the fabrics esp the elephants one.

Offline monkey7

• Posts Too Much!
    • Monkey's Corner
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »
When do you all think the best time to ship out these hamocks would be?  I am going to be busier because finals are coming up and may not have it all finished until the week before Christmas.  It should make it in time for the holidays.   ???

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »
Pretty sure Priority says 2 days ... however ... I'm sure if it gets there a couple days after, the rescue won't be tooooo mad at you.  :-D