Author Topic: Ferret in Greensboro, NC***Needs help****  (Read 4403 times)

Offline twenjen70

Ferret in Greensboro, NC***Needs help****
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not so sorry if it isn't. I was browsing my local area CL and came across this ad:

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pet/1449261896.html

I don't know if anyone on here can help this poor guy or not but thought I would give it a shot. He is in a small bird cage!! This is NOT my ferret and I do not own any ferrets but I do know they are way to big and active to be kept like this. I just thought I would post it here hoping someone could help this guy.

Any questions about the ferret please respond to the CL ad...I am in no way affiliated with this person...I just came across the ad and thought he needed help.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
Re: Ferret in Greensboro, NC***Needs help****
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »
OMG Jen, a ferret in a bird cage, isnt he on a ferret cage in the picture though? Geesh makes you wonder what they have in that cage huh? Soo sad.
~~Shelli~~
Wife to Chris, Mom to our 2 girls & Zoo keeper:
4 dogs (Standard Poodle, Redtick hound, Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »
Oh God. I'm in Greensboro, but I can't have any pets! It kills me! If I could I'd take him in a heartbeat!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline twenjen70

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »
I think his cage is sitting on top of a rabbit or guinea pig cage...the kind that is on rollers. I emailed them and from her reply she sounds desperate to get rid of him. She has emailed me back 2x's asking me if I want him.

I just don't know anything about ferrets and I don't have a cage for him either. The only thing I could do for him is house him in a huge dog crate for now. I have one that is for an adult Great Dane that's just sitting in my den collecting dust. I wonder if he could stay in that for a while or at least until I could find someone that would want him. I'm not really a ferret person but I hate to see him like that.

Poor boy.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
Jen I dont see why he couldnt use that dog crate, put a bunch of hammocks and stuff in there and it would be a mansion compared to what he is in, and if you decide you really like him Ferret rescue here will sell you a super pet ferret cage (the purple one with tubes) for a donation!
~~Shelli~~
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline twenjen70

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
I emailed her to see if she would meet me somewhere...she hasn't replied. I'll drive all the way if necessary but I wish she would meet me in the middle.

I need a ferret like I need a hole in the head! But I really hate to see him living in a bird cage...what is wrong with people??

If someone on here wanted him I don't mind holding him for someone *hint*hint*  :cheeky:

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
I adore ferrets I really do, but DH cant stand them, he thinks that they smell bad, I told him that only the ones not kept clean smell, but he wont budge. lol I dont push him as I do have 2 dogs, 6 chickens, 8 rats, birds, fish etc.... lol lol
~~Shelli~~
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline twenjen70

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
She emailed me back and said she had someone coming to pick him up. Hopefully the do and hopefully he will be going to a better situation.

I told her if they do not pick him up let me know and I will take him.