Author Topic: Anyone have a cat hammock?  (Read 8316 times)

Offline catandratluver

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animals-the spice of life.
    • kittygirl109
Anyone have a cat hammock?
« on: January 22, 2005, 06:59:09 PM »
Does anyone at least know how to make one? I tried, and it didn't work out. I really want one for Orei and Princess, but I don't know how  to make one. I don't see any cat hammocks up for sale, either.
Mommy to Amy, and Rachel.

Rainbow Bridge:
Sweet Basha. I will miss you more then you'll ever know.

(Didn't make board about it because it hurt to much...and it was extremely sudden.)

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Anyone have a cat hammock?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Our one cat is small enough to fit into a rat hammock and she loves it and since then I have been wanting to get one/make one big enough for the rest of the crew.

Anyone have any ideas?

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 05:03:27 PM »
There's always ebay.  Do a search for cat hammocks, and you'll come up with several different kinds.  My biggest problem with them is they say "up to 20 pounds" and we have a 26 pound cat, so that's a no go...  LOL

Offline Tamara

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20740&item=4352763584&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I have one of these and my cat absolutely loved it.  Drawback to this one is that it has to be screwed into the window sill and the cover doesn't easily come off for washing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66762&item=4353543121&rd=1

I see this one on ebay quite a bit and I think that this would be easy to make and easy to take apart to wash the hammock part.  The only question is would the cats like it as much as the window one.

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 03:37:34 PM »
I wonder how hard it would be to make that second one?  Get the pvc pipes at the hardware store and all the various connections/elbows.  Then the hammock part is literally nothing....

*goes off to think about it*

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 06:42:52 PM »
I'll buy a few from you Dearpie! I still have to get hammocks for the ratties (just waiting for some extra cash to fall from the sky).

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 11:37:31 AM »
Ooh, I'd buy them from you, too, Pie.  :)  I suppose I could make one for myself, but I don't have a sewing machine...  LOL

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 01:27:23 AM »
You make the pvc pipe frame and I'll make the hammock!  I'd just need to know how big!  Easy!  :)