Author Topic: 11wk old kitty really pestering 3yr old kitty.  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Fae

• Posts Too Much!
11wk old kitty really pestering 3yr old kitty.
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on what i should do about this?
We got Link (11week old male DSH) a week ago and have been slowly introducing him to our 3 year old Sasha (female DSH) they are mostly getting along fine now. Link stays out over night with her and everything. The only issue is Link just wants to play, play, play with her. Sash takes it pretty well, just lays there while he plays with her tail. But he just wont stop, and then she does get annoyed. She will growl at him, swipe at him then pin him down. But he keeps coming back for more and it looks like it start's to get serious. Sasha has not hurt him at all yet, but I don't know if it will stay that way if he keeps pushing her.
So what I'm wondering is do we step in if it looks like Sasha had had enough, or do we just let them go at it and use the "No blood, no fowl' rule for kittys to?

Thanks

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: 11wk old kitty really pestering 3yr old kitty.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
Sounds like she's teaching him manners, and he's just a little too dense to learn yet.  ;)  If Sasha has had enough, she'll let him know in no uncertain terms.   :wink5:

Offline coffee_brake

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »
Sounds like she's teaching him manners, and he's just a little too dense to learn yet.  ;)  If Sasha has had enough, she'll let him know in no uncertain terms.   :wink5:

+1...kittens are so hard-headed....

If Sasha hasn't hurt the little one already, she almost certainly won't. But let her discpline the little one and teach him manners. It might save his life one day, he needs to understand what a serious growl means. She might even tear his ear or poke him with her claw, but don't freak out. I have never seen a kitten that didn't get smacked by a bigger cat in the "learning respect" process......This last kitten of ours is more dense than usual, he is almost grown and FINALLY knows when the big cats have had enough play. He has been swiped and clawed many times, nothing serious. He cries, leaves them alone, 10 minutes later all is forgiven. They're all sleeping peacefully together in a pile on the couch right now. Peaceful days will come, in a few months....

***Christmas kittens are just fantastic, aren't they?***

Offline Fae

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
Thank you so much :)
Yeah he really is very dense at the moment. He is getting her all riled up again right now to. What i find really amusing is the fact that when cat's get annoyed their tails waver and that just encourages Link to play with it.

He isn't really a "Christmas Kitty" We had been wanting to get another cat for a while now as a friend for Sasha. It just happened that we found one a week or so before Christmas.

Here is the little darling.

Also one of Sasha.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
I love Tuxedo kitties!  He looks like a trouble-maker.  ;)

And Sasha is beautiful!

Offline coffee_brake

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »
Wow, Sasha has stunning eyes....

Offline Fae

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
I agree Sasha is just stunning all around. She is so sweet and cuddly, she will sit next to me and pester me until she gets a belly rub lol, and every night after dinner as soon as i put my empty plate on the table she runs over to me so she can sit on my lap.

I just love Link's markings as well, his fur has dark gray stripes and a circle on his side, plus his head is striped as well. It's so interesting. When Sasha lays in the sun light you can see stripes in her fur as well, in that golden colour black cats get. But it's only in stripes, looks so pretty.