Author Topic: *Scratched paint* CN  (Read 784 times)

Offline mustang480

• Posts Too Much!
*Scratched paint* CN
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
Sorry I noticed my previous post was titled Scratched "Pain".  LOL  And it seems I can't edit the post.   I found a few more scratches on the cage, anyone know what I should do to prevent rust?  Thanks

Offline megadocious

Re: *Scratched paint* CN
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
I would assume that you would use the same thing that people use to protect their bass pans, which is Rustoleum.

Offline mustang480

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
I put the cage together today and wanted to put the ratties in tonight.  If I put something on the paint scratches, am I going to have to take the ratties out and let the cage air out for a few days  ???

Offline craze_176

• Hillary?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »
I think it should be ok, where are the scratches? Just the outside? You could do the lazy thing and put clear tape over it :P

Offline mustang480

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
I think it should be ok, where are the scratches? Just the outside? You could do the lazy thing and put clear tape over it :P

I think all the scratches are on the outside.  So you think just putting clear tape will be fine?  It will not rust?

Offline craze_176

• Hillary?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
It depends on the type of metal but the exposed scratches on my CN haven't rusted (though I also don't know if urine or water has hit them) Maybe put tape on them and keep and eye on them?

Offline mustang480

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »
Ok I think I'll go the easy (tape) route for now.  Because I'm not so handy when it comes to paint and things like that  :eek: