Author Topic: Two cats have two weeks for me to find them a home. Corbin, KY  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Leona

• Posts Too Much!
    • Splash and Spots Rattery
Two cats have two weeks for me to find them a home. Corbin, KY
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
So... my fiance doesn't want the cats anymore. I have tried everything to keep them but to no avail. I have two weeks to find them a home or he's taking them to the animal shelter. My guess, is once at the animal shelter, they will be put to sleep. One is six months old, Clyde, he is an orange tabby, and the other is about four months old, Rebel, and he's a black/gray tabby. I feel like they won't find a home in the animal shelter. The animal shelter here is basically in the middle of nowhere. It took me a very long time to try and find it when I was wanting to volunteer there and I had no way of going there all the time to volunteer so I never did. Anyway... does anyone located in KY want two lovely cats?

We are asking for a $5 rehoming fee just so we know that you're serious about the cats.

Also, I'm looking into cat rescues where they won't die. Thank you. Now for the pictures:

Clyde

Rebel

Ratless... RIP all rats from 2003 - 2011!
<3 Love my human babies Raea and Wolfgang, my husky Shotgun, and my two ferrets, Odin and Farrah <3

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Re: Two cats have two weeks for me to find them a home. Corbin, KY
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:30:51 AM »
I know no suggestions, but are they fixed?   I believe nationwide it is half price spay and neuter month and many vet offices take part in this and getting them fixed may help find them homes.   Good Luck.

Offline nakedrats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »

Craigslist and Petfinder are generally good options.  Just be sure to screen out the wackos and really talk to any prospective adopters.  2 weeks isn't a lot of time to get a decent adopter, especially with the bad economy.  Having cats UTD on shots and neutered also helps.  Put up signs at grocery stores and pet stores and vets offices.  You can also take out a newspaper ad in the classifieds.

My best suggestion would be to rehome the fiance.  No way I'd spend the rest of my life with someone who could decide to send my cats off to die.   >:(

Offline Leona

• Posts Too Much!
    • Splash and Spots Rattery
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
He keeps giving me extensions... thankfully. Unfortuantely, I think I'm about out of them.. I lost count of the true date, but I think it's sometime after the first. So... a little over two weeks. I'll ask about another week or so. I'll put another add on craigslist, and then I will also do the pet finder thing. I made a flyer for them, and I put it up at work early this morning, came back my first break and everything was gone... Like there were ads there for weeks and the day I do it, they decide you can't? It's my luck... but we'll do it at a vets office.

Really, they're his cats. Well I feel like Rebel is mine since he loves me more, but my fiance did all the taking care, buying food, cleaning litterboxes, etc the first bunch of months we had them. Only recently did I really start taking care of them since it was part of the agreement.

I know we're never getting cats again. My fiance just doesn't have patience. He also doesn't want to spend the money to have them neutered if we are just giving them away. I'll check into lower cost spays/neuters, etc.

Thanks for the help :)
Ratless... RIP all rats from 2003 - 2011!
<3 Love my human babies Raea and Wolfgang, my husky Shotgun, and my two ferrets, Odin and Farrah <3