Author Topic: a possibly sick diver pup?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
a possibly sick diver pup?
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »
So I get home from work today and the Hunny tells me not to give Diver carrots anymore, as he went and threw up (the first time the pup has vomited). Lief claims said it was think, dark in color, and smelt horrible.   This afternoon, I came home, took the pup for a walk up the street and he poo-ed.. It was normal-ish, Slightly soft, sorta brown green but nothing to out  to concerning or of the ordinary.
On our way back from our walk  I noticed that Diver had some foamy discharge from his nose.. It sort of flecked up in his nostrils.  We were on the sidewalk and he didn't put his head in the snow more than once or twice at the beginning of the walk..  By the time we got up the stairs and inside it was gone...
About an hour (maybe an hour and a half).. and he had diarrhea.
Other then the gastrointestinal hiccups and the foam, he's acting completely normal.. playing  and digging at things, cuddling etc...

should i be overly worried and call the vet? or is it possible he just has a bit of tummy ache/bug?

Could Diver pups and Carrots be a bad mix?

(a little background on the puppers... He's almost five months, prolly about 35lbs (though he looks skinny), he doesn't eat the greatest food, but its not the worst..He;s never had any medical issues (other then being attacked by a dog and an descended testicle) he's up to date on shots, etc... Oh, He's a pure breed Boxer (supposedly, there maybe some Pittl somewhere back in the family tree) and lives with 4 cats, 2 lizards and a fish)
Love the Creatures. Love the baby. Love the life.

Offline rhinelander rat rescue

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rescue! They need love too!
    • Rhinelander Rat Rescue
Re: a possibly sick diver pup?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »
puppies will eat everything when your not looking includeing parts of their toys, Panda has upsets once in a while and bouts of diareah...give him a few table spoons of yogurt with his meals...just plain. That should help. The foaming is from the walk, welcome to the shorter nosed dog world of bully breeds. That is normal, unless it is bloody or any color other then clearish white.  ::) puppies the things they get into..... I demand pics. Shaz 
Save a LIFE adopt a rat!

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:57 PM »

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
oops.. hit the wrong button..
unfortunately, i don't have any crazy recent ones.. but this is maybe a month ago

and these are with in his first 3 days home (back in the very end of November.. )

Sorry some are so big.. I am tired and don't have the patients for photobucket at the moment.

Offline rhinelander rat rescue

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rescue! They need love too!
    • Rhinelander Rat Rescue
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
oooo boxer.....boxer puppy  :P shaz
Save a LIFE adopt a rat!