Author Topic: Soon to be kittens in Lake County IL  (Read 3222 times)

Offline My_Devastation

Soon to be kittens in Lake County IL
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
Hello everyone. There are currently 3 pregnant cats at the horse barn I work at, and before any are born, I was wondering if anyone is interested in potentially adopting any of them. I can't say what they'll look like (obviously) but I can give descriptions of the mothers and the father. *If nobody is interested, I'll most likely take them to Save-A-Pet or some other no-kill shelter. That way they'll be more likely to find a good home and they'll have good socialization.*

The Mothers
Sweetheart: A fairly small solid black cat. She's very friendly, and is much more social than either of the other mothers. This is currently her fourth litter. Her kittens tend to be very vocal.

Holly: A relatively small calico. *Absolutely gorgeous, by the way.* I adopted two kittens from her first litter (this is her second litter). They are both pretty skittish, but they're coming around. In her first litter of four (though only 3 survived) there was one calico that looked just like her.

Darling: The biggest of the three, but still only average sized. She's white with black spots and a black tail. Probably one of the 'meaner' cats at the barn, but she's a really good mom. I adopted one kitten from her first litter, and the three from her second litter at the barn are all really sweet.

The Father
Billy: A massive black and white cat. Probably one of the biggest cats I've ever since. Almost completely black, but has a white belly and feet. He's very skittish.

I'd post pictures of the three, but I don't have any! I'll post more info once the kittens are born, which is going to be pretty soon. The mamas all look ready to pop!
Rats~ Puck

Kitties~ Willow, Sonja, Lexxi, and Logan.

RIP: Shelley, Aisling, Marilyn, Katrina, Eva, Gwendolyn, Dahlia, Caja, Ruby, Samara, Drusy, Tex, Brie, Kolbi, Riley, Brandy, Paige, Damien, Chloe, Felix, Fallon, Zoie, Jukka, Wendell, Felicia, Fiona, Inara, Nami

Offline Cooper

Re: Soon to be kittens in Lake County IL
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
I'm looking to adopt a kitten, but I live in Sioux City IA! so i don't know how transportation would work.

Offline My_Devastation

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »
Well, here's the scoop on the kittens: all of them are at least 4 weeks old right now.

Sweetheart: none of her kittens made it. She wouldn't take care of them after they were born, so I brought them home to give them a better chance. But they all passed. :(

Holly: Two of her's survived. At least, I've seen two of them. Both are calico, like her. They are white with patches of tabby striping, and patches of orange striping. They're really cute, but super skittish right now. She hid them really well, and I didn't know any of her's had made it until about a week ago.

Darling: All four of her's made it. Three are white and tabby, and one is white and black. They're the youngest group, but she has had them in the same place for about 2 weeks, so I ssee them everyday. They'll be able to be caught in a few weeks, since I'm not sure if they're weaned yet.

And, there are a few other mothers now as well. I'll have more info on that when I find out if any of their kittens survive, since they were all born within the past week and a half. If anyone is interested in any kittens, just let me know! As of right now we only have one home lined up, and they only want one kitten, so there are still five available!

*If they don't get adopted, I'm going to catch them when they're a little older to take them to stay and spay so we don't get overpopulated with cats. Or, I may end up taking them to a no-kill shelter that I've started donating to. No matter what, they'll be taken care of*
Rats~ Puck

RIP: Shelley, Aisling, Marilyn, Katrina, Eva, Gwendolyn, Dahlia, Caja, Ruby, Samara, Drusy, Tex, Brie, Kolbi, Riley, Brandy, Paige, Damien, Chloe, Felix, Fallon, Zoie, Jukka, Wendell, Felicia, Fiona, Inara, Nami

Offline My_Devastation

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
Well, the group of four is now down to 3...  :(  The mama moved the babies due to some work being done on the barn near her nest, and she moved them back afterwards. Unfortunately, the little black and white one did not return. I'm assuming it is gone since I haven't seen her wandering to anywhere other than the food and water area and back to the nest. Oh, and the occasional trip to the sunlight outside. I know that at least one of them will be adopted. I'm going to start working on socializing the adult cats so I can take them to get spayed and neutered. This is getting ridiculous. I'll start working on finding them homes too. keep the outdoor cat population down.

Actually, now that I think of it, three of the five kittens that I know have survived might be adopted. One of the calicos and two of the tabbies will probably have homes. But that could change. If anybody is interested, just let me know!
Rats~ Puck