Author Topic: Ring Worm.  (Read 144 times)

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
Ring Worm.
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:07 AM »
i recently got ring worm on the back of my neck. i dont know how it got there, but my only explanation is that maybe one of the rats have it, they both crawl on the back of my neck, but now i feel so bad cause i don't want to take them out and handle them, just in case it was transferred from a student at school or something. so tell me, how often is it known for rats to get ring worm, and where do they get it from? i really should have read into rats before buying from a pet store. Both of them have so many health problems. i'm taking them to the vet on friday to get checked though.
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Rat 1 (who never had a name :/ )
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle
Mary

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Ring Worm.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:28:53 AM »
Hm. Do you notice any thinning hair on them? Any bald spots with irritated skin?

I say you go to the doctor and get ringworm meds, take them to the vet and get them ringworm meds because they likely have it from you, or you from them. It's fairly common in rats.

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
Re: Ring Worm.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
no balding spots, or irritated skin.  ??? as soon as i noticed it i stopped handling them..so if i didnt get it from them, they might not have it..  i have meds for me, and im going to the vet tomorrow..so lets hope everything is fine.  :bow:
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Rat 1 (who never had a name :/ )
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle