Author Topic: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!  (Read 215612 times)

Offline Bekkalynn

Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
So, we all know theres a forum for the CN, FN, and Martin cages, I don't know if there is a Super pet one or not, but I wanted to see everyone's cage that doesn't fall under those categories. IF there is any one. LOL
I pre-ordered my 4 girls a cage from a local pet shop (here in NM) and they're made by some mom and pop shop in Colorado. Took a week and half longer to get it then expected, but I love it.  :hyper: I've had it for a week and cleaned it for the first time today and got it set up. Still a little bare because it's HUGE, but it's getting there. It has 3 complete levels, instead of just little shelfs, and it's 4 feet long. The only thing I have to complain about is the wire they used for the levels. There 1/2 by 1/2 inch which it makes it hard for the little rats to walk on, so I HAVE to cover the levels with something.
Ugh, my two girls Mayhem and Mora are making this very difficult to type. They're both trying to jump up on my desk, both coming from directions. Ratty strategy. (side note, does it work to spray rats when they do something you don't want them to, like cats? I can not have them on my desk, it's just unsafe for them up here, cords, hair stuff, scissors ect. Could I spray them with water when they try to run up, or is it just mean? Maybe I'll start another topic some where else for that question.)

Any way, here's the cage;

Here's pictures with rats in it, just to see how big it really is.

So, I really wanted to show off my cage  :yelcutelaugh: because I just love it. I would love to see other people's random and original cages that aren't the big brand name ones. Cause the CN and FN threads just make me jealous/ sad.  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:33:20 AM by Suebee »

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
Re: Got a cage that's not a CN or FN?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
WOW, that thing is a monster! congrats! how do you decorate it though, to reach all the way in...I bet your rats are having a ball. Good luck with it!!!! :wave2:
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
It looks awesome!  But the doors look like it would make it hard to decorate.  Or I just have small arms.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Bekkalynn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
No, you guys are right. Since it's soo long and the doors are in middle it is really hard to reach to the ends. Makes me crazy! It was such a pain to clip the material to the flooring.  But it's worth it.   :)

Offline kscanuck785

• Posts Too Much!
    • http://ratsinpants.webs.com/ & http://www.etsy.com/shop/RatsInPants
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
nice size!! your rats will enjoy all that room without a doubt!!
 but I have to agree with the door comment...they look kinda small but sometimes it's hard to really judge just by a picture!!
as long as YOU are happy with it, its all good :)

I too have a cage that is NOT mainstream per say. its a Kritter Koncept, here's the thread and a quick pic:
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4066081.0

Offline Bekkalynn

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »
kscanuck785, I like your cage. It's like a house with a grand entrance towards the stairs. LOL that's what it reminds me of any way. And the cage doors are quite big, 12 inches. My other two cages have doors at 6 and 9 inches, so they're pretty decent size. But some doors on the sides would be sweet.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »
I suggest changing the topic title to "Other cage pics! Everyone post your other cages here!!" or something similar to match all the main cage pic threads  ;)   

I think that'll help others post their "non-mainstream" cages here

My cage was always decorated in pink and purple tones like this :

although I liked it, I wanted to try something different

So this week, I wanted my boys to be a little 'toughened up'.

Hence the military theme LOL took me a whole day to sew
now I have a handsome army of rats!

Bodol sleeping tight in the tent

Offline Bekkalynn

Other cage pics! Everyone post your other cages here!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
I'm changing the title right now! I'm copying you word for word, if you don't mind. If I do it right, I'm still a noob. LOL
I thought it was cute that the cage was all pink for boys.  Because lets face it, we decorate the cage just as much for us (if not more) as we do for the rats.  ::)
I love seeing every one's cages. That's the first thing I did when I found goose moose is go through the 80 something pages of CN pictures. It makes me feel less crazy.  :P

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »
oops, I think you changed the title of your reply only  ;D

you need to go to the original post and change that

... or it's just my computer that's weird because only your reply has the new title

and yeah, the first time I came here I was in pure awe from all the amazing cage setups. Had me awake all night gushing! LOL

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
The mods have unfortunately gotten rid of our ability to modify anything after 15 minutes..so the title is stuck unless you PM one of the mods and ask them do it for you.  I understand why they changed the rules (people could change what they say causing problems) but it is still frustrating nonetheless..

PS: nice job on the fn-like cage lazyrage.  All these cages look awesome.  There is already a superpet cage, but I've been thinking for a while that there should just be an "other" cages thread.  People probably don't post their other cages all the time because they don't want to flood the forum with new topics...

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »
I have a CN and a martin, but one of my temp cages is a coast cage rat manor or something.

I've done better since then, but haven't taken pics..

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
Thank you smesyna, I requested and Suebee changed it!  :thumbsup2:

I love how you use all the verticle space! I had a lean cage once and couldn't manage to get more than two levels..

also, do your ratties like the paper tubes? (chubes, were they called?) I came across one when shopping and was wondering..

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »

Bodol sleeping tight in the tent

Hands down the cutest pic I have ever seen!! Love the tent!
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
My rats and guinea pigs love the cubes!! I always keep them in their cage along with PVC pipe.

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
Here is the old cage I had for my boys. Its the "Marshall Mini Mansion" its slightly larger than a single FN/CN but its not on wheels and has no storage. I liked it alot for my boys, I upgraded them to a CN because I adopted new babies but I had 5 adult males in there and they did great. It was pretty easy to clean, the bottom pad slid out and could have held bedding if I wanted to use it, it was about an inch and a half deep.

The white shelf on the left was added by me.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
Wow, Lauren22, that cage looks so cute!!

Lazyrage-Thank you!  Also, my rats absolutely adore the chubes!  I've taken to cutting two holes in them and hanging them up in the cage by zip ties, and they love that even better.  They are a bit pricey for a piece of cardboard, but the rats certainly enjoy them.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:46 AM »
Great thread! Here are two of my older cages, the Feisty Ferret and the All Living Things Penthouse.

Offline ChoirRat86

• My Girls - Darla and Dory
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »
LOTR, what is the difference between the Feisty Ferret and the Ferret Nation? They both look the same to me...

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »
The Feisty Ferret is kind of a FN knock-off, it's a little smaller and there are other minor differences. It's a great cage though, I've seen it before and it's a good size.  :)
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »
The main difference is that only one door per level opens and that the shelves and ramps are plastic.  It is approxamately the same size, maybe a tiny bit smaller, and has slightly smaller bar spacing making it more likely to keep adult females in.  I'd buy it used but not new seeing as it is only a little bit more for a FN.

Lotr-both of those cages look great!  Is that green fabric seahorse fabric?!  I love it.

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
Here is a FF & FN side by side. I no longer have the FF cage but I did like it for when Baby & Bravo were younger. The FF has almost an identical footprint of the Martins R-695, except the Martins doesn't come with a stand or storage shelf, actual cage space is almost the same.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:39:58 PM by critterchic »
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »
Nice cages :D  I have a marchioro's Tommy (I think) cage.  Once photobucket decides to co-operate I'll post pics *grumbles*  it soooo doesn't like me today.

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 07:31:04 AM »

I disliked the second shelf which was originally in their so I replaced it with some 1cm x 1cm wire mesh covered squares from some storage cubes I wasn't using (I used to have the cubes set up as a play area but at the new flat I didn't need them since I have no resident feline to keep away from them.)

Ignore the mess please- I swear within an hour of setting the cage up they had it in that state.

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
Lauren_22// I think my cage is a rip off of mini mansion, it looks very similar.. I like your setup! Mind if I use it for reference?  ;D

LOTR_Ratties// Awesome cage! I really wanted to try the 'jungle' style of placing lots of things myself but I just can't get all those things in the cage and make it work

critterchic// may I ask what that white, oblong thing is in your FN? I really like blue and yellow. The combination always had a 'royal' feel for me  ;D

Chaosbadgerling// the cage looks so cozy with the draping fabric! don't they nibble on the lamp tho? LOL and what is that black cylinder on the first pic?

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 02:35:08 AM »
LOL  The lamp isn't usually on there- its usually off to the side- I just wanted some more light (the pic without the lamp in view was taken with me holding the lamp to use it as a light source.  I am quite certain that the girls would try to drag the lamp cord (and lamp) into the cage if I had it up there all the time.
Originally the towels were folded in half and put on the shelf as a cover- they decorated by shoving it so it drapes (or occasionally drag it up and make a nest out of it).  It keeps them happy XD.
Likewise I'm continually putting the fabric which was in the litter tray into their cuddle area.  This cage clean I'll take some more pics (from various sides) so you can see more.  Their pink basket was one I picked up from a junk shop and cut the plastic squares out of one side so they could get into it easier.  They love it.

The black tube thing was a spool from an electrician (my uncle) which I cable tied to the cage.  Mistral climbs into the tube inside and sleeps and both of them sit up on it as a perch.

Now this cage only has two tiny doors on it.  I'm lucky that my girls are content with not breaking out because to make it easier to get into it, I cable tied one side only of the top and used some old cage clips which I beant into shape to hold it shut.  I love that it is now a flip top.