Author Topic: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!  (Read 215649 times)

Offline PecanSandy309

• Ritten
Re: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
How do I post a photo?? I have one, but I don't know how to post it! :doh:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »
Upload it to facebook.  When you are done and viewing the whole album, under each pic should be a series of code.  THe bottom one should say IMG Code or something.  Copy the link in there and paste it onto a reply.  Paste it in the middle of the IMG Code-- looks like this:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »
The black tube thing was a spool from an electrician (my uncle) which I cable tied to the cage.  Mistral climbs into the tube inside and sleeps and both of them sit up on it as a perch.

cool! maybe I should get my hands on one too  ;D

Here's the cage this week:

The color coordination is SO AWFUL, because I have my other hammocks/liners in the laundry and I've got no other.
Time for major sewing :headbang:

bonus for today:

Baani enjoying noms in the Rattie Caddy I made. Rattie Caddies are good, but when I have huge man rats like Bodol in it, my neck feels like it's gonna fall off  :yelcutelaugh:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:36:23 PM by lazyrage »

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
I love the polka dot liners!!  So cute.  And LOL at your rattie caddy hurting your neck.  It is very cute.  You did a very good job on making everything!

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
I thought the cage looked cute...rats don't care anyway since they can't see color like us! :BlueDumboSmile:
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline Neerie

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
Here's mine!

It's the Rat Resort by Hagen. Not the best cage out there, but that's all I could afford at the time and all I could find around here. It's not all that bad, the size is ok, but the shelves are very narrow. It is easy to clean up, which is a good thing. It is currently housing my two boys.

Offline Lea

• Pardon me, do you have any graymatter poupon?
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
Since I was about as color-coordinated as I ever get after cage-cleaning today, thought I'd post some pics of my home-made cage with the new hammock I made included.

Top levels: new hammock at left, but they don't care for it.  Going under the extra layer of fleece covering part of the top level is their favorite sleeping area.  I'm hoping when it gets warmer they'll use the hammock more.  The tube hammock on the right and the green igloo are mainly used by Shasta as her food-stashing places.  ::)  The cardboard hideouts are where they run to sit and eat their treats.

Bottom level:  This is the "rec-room".  I put different things in here for them to climb on and they also like to use the wheel fairly often.  Shasta runs fast, Coco trots, and Latte just takes a leisurely stroll in it.  They also like to sleep in the basket at the top of the ramp.

This is a cute little birdcage accessory that I keep under the water bottles to catch any drips.

Finally, time for a post-cleaning snack!  Left to right: Shasta, Coco, and Latte.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:44:16 PM by Lea »

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
That looks like a great cage.

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
I love the polka dot liners!!  So cute.  And LOL at your rattie caddy hurting your neck.  It is very cute.  You did a very good job on making everything!

Thanks! My family tease the man rats with their pink polka dots but hey, they look cute in it anyway  ;D

I thought the cage looked cute...rats don't care anyway since they can't see color like us! :BlueDumboSmile:

Yeah, but being a designer I am so color conscious  :yelcutelaugh: I'm okay with any color but sky blue and white; the pee stains show too much on them haha

Neerie
// can we have a closer look at that cage?? I LUV the pastel color theme!! I've got to get me one of those plastic chains - are they for babies?

Lea// your cage looks very roomy! Love the bathtub that's so cute. Are you okay with only three clips on the liners though?
Recently my boys developed a hobby to crawl underneath, and I have like, ten clips per side on the liners  ::)

Offline Neerie

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »
Neerie// can we have a closer look at that cage?? I LUV the pastel color theme!! I've got to get me one of those plastic chains - are they for babies?

It's sort of hard to take good pictures of this cage since the door is rather small and the bars hide the view, not to mention that I have a crappy cellphone cam only  :'(

Anyhow, here are some other angles/attempts

Just for kicks, Justy eating a Nylabone

And this one was from when they were still babies (that's Nicodemus)

The toy rings currently in my cage I bought at Toys R Us, they are the Bright Starts brand. I got a pack of 24 rings for 7 bucks. The barbell is also by the same brand, I got it at WalMart for 4 bucks.

Offline Lea

• Pardon me, do you have any graymatter poupon?
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »

Lea// your cage looks very roomy! Love the bathtub that's so cute. Are you okay with only three clips on the liners though?
Recently my boys developed a hobby to crawl underneath, and I have like, ten clips per side on the liners  ::)

Funny, I usually hear of girls doing that, not boys.  :rattysmiley: I suggest putting an additional loose piece of fleece above the liner and clipping it only on the sides, leaving the ends open so they can crawl under that.  They seem to have an irresistible urge to get under it, so doing that lets them satisfy the burrowing urge without bothering the liner.   :thumbsup2: This usually works for me, just one time they decided to chew through the liner to get under it.

Offline nottmyown

• Posts Too Much!
    • Hammock Hangout
Whole cage

Left side of cage- Nutmeg's in this one

Right side of cage with Twilight

Sig4, on Flickr

Offline Nomi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »
I have that cage too as my hospital/QT cage! Great use of the shelving units, adds some good space. Mine is currently housing a 3 year old lady rat I'm rehoming for a friend. She used to be kept in a deep bottom, Carefresh-filled cage and she seems to be missing her digging ability- she tears down EVERYTHING fabric I put in it and stuffs it all into her hidey bin.

(Her nose is in there somewhere!)

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »
BIG Cage :D I LOVED it. But now it's been so hard to actually find the cage itself that it's been a total bear >.< I WILL Get that cage again >.<

Isis nomming on a seed treat *She didn't actually like them very much* in cage before we cleaned it up

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
Little Vixen-I am intrigued!  What IS that cage called?  It is soo cool and huge looking, it looks bigger than a FN or CN!  Even the comfort wheel looks bitty in it.  Love it.  Did you used to have it but sell it or something?  I am confused about what you mean.

Anyway, I just got a new sweet temp cage!!  It is the Super Pet My First Home Multi-Floor Large.  I got it for $30 with original box, hammock, water bottle, and a petco high corner litter box!  Sweeet.  It is in used but great condition too.  I would never pay full price for it new, as they are overpriced, but IMO they are pretty good cages (the pee rivers are fixed by fleece, they are storeable which is a huge plus for me having it as a temp cage, it is super easy to clean, and the shelves are easy to put in.)  Whoah, I'm going on and on.  SOrry.  This was a quick decorating job, but I think it looks nice.  It is 30x18x30.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:36:52 PM by smesyna »

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Little Vixen-I am intrigued!  What IS that cage called?  It is soo cool and huge looking, it looks bigger than a FN or CN!  Even the comfort wheel looks bitty in it.  Love it.  Did you used to have it but sell it or something?  I am confused about what you mean.
Cage dimensions: 30 X 18 X 36

*Apparently* the brand itself is called Exel but I've yet to find any of this cage on any place except for ebay and cageworld.com. Cageworld sent me an email back when I inquired if they had THIS particular one and they said that they did and that Exel buys them from him/her factory *shrug*.

Look up Exel Original Tower on Ebay and you'll see a taller/skinner version of that cage. If you go to cageworld you'll have to look in their sugar glider section I think to find one. They are only about 130's in price and I think that's great!

As for the reasons of getting rid of it.. wasn't my doing..  http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4068829.0
If you read that topic it pretty much explains, the woman in question sold my rats and my cage x.x I do have a link to the person who originally sold the cage on Ebay but haven't been able to see them in stock

--> Only difference is the locks on this one from cageworld http://stores.homestead.com/JMExotics/-strse-18/Small-animal-Sugar-Glider/Detail.bok

Offline Jennandjuicetm

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2010, 12:38:15 AM »

As for the reasons of getting rid of it.. wasn't my doing..  http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4068829.0
If you read that topic it pretty much explains, the woman in question sold my rats and my cage x.x
I didn't want to open a dead thread, but that is my worst nightmare and I'm sorry you had to go through with that.  :-\
RIP:

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Thanks. Buuut this post isn't about that, this post is about our awsome Other Cages :D

I try to get by by planning what new cage I'll get (or possibly make considering I work at HomeDepot) for the boys I plan to have

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »

my cage this week.

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 09:54:05 PM »
new set up         
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline Bekkalynn

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
I finally got new stuff for the girl's cage. And since I got new stuff and the three hairless girls finished QT, and grew up a little bit, I put the whole cage together. So happy to finally fill it up a bit

Girl's cage

And my mom found 3 boys she had to take home from a pet store, who are absolutely adorable, we ended up buying another cage that almost identical to the girls cage, but it's a few inches shorter.

And a wee little guy. His name is Powder (after the movie)

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
Chaosbadgerling // gotta love the plastic chains! I like them in my cage even though they don't play with it haha

possum4 // OMG that rattie with the peanuts by the door is SO CUTE!!! SQUEEEE  :hyper:

Bekkalynn // wow so you have two of those BIG cages? Awsome mom.. I like the girls' liners!

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
LOL  my girls (well Mabs) climb over them and try stashing them.  They love them.

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
The cage this week:

approved by Bodol  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
Gorgeous!!  It's no fair, I haven't been able to find any argyle flannel and I've searched everywhere  :puppy_dog_eyes:  Anyway, great job on the cage it is so cute AND fun looking.  The ratties look like they are having a blast.

So, here's mine!  I STILL haven't been able to introduce Parker which is getting frustrating, so I have him in this cage: