Author Topic: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!  (Read 212848 times)

Offline Chewbecca

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ella's Lead
Re: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »
OK, Smesyna, you have the coolest stuff in your cages.
When I get my boys, will you be one of the ones to tell me what to get so my cages can look as blasted out with fun as yours do???

Where did you get that block hidey house???
I'm sure I'll end up bothering you 8237839 times before I get my boys!  So, I apologize in advance, and thank you if you are willing to put up with me! :yelcutelaugh:
www.ellaslead.com
The Only Collar and Lead You Will Ever Need!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
Haha, thank you!!

And don't worry, I don't mind at all.  I got the waffle house from petsmart.  They are expensive, but one cool thing about them is you can buy the small ones and medium ones and mix and match to build different structures.  I only have the one medium one though.

When looking for stuff for rats, be creative.  Don't just look at rodent toys, look at bird toys, cat toys, ferret toys, etc.

One site that has TONS of cool rat stuff.. www.ozbo.com  They're dirt cheap-I love them!  Sometimes their pictures don't match up with the item, so make sure you go by the item description and not the picture.  Usually once you click on the detailed info it goes to the right picture though.

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
Chelsea's newly remodeled home

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:44:25 PM by ratlover33 »

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:44 PM »
Trying again...

Offline nottmyown

• Posts Too Much!
    • Hammock Hangout
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »
Wow!  That looks like a blast for ratties!

Sig4, on Flickr

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
You should see it in the morning it pretty bad but its part of the fun.  I would have gotten a cn or fn but got this before I knew better and now i am just thinking one day i will just and another cage on top.

Offline SwannRats

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
WOW very nice cages and decorating to all.. I have two that are set up, I am still new to all the decorating stuff, so mine are no where near what yours are.. I will take some and post them with in the next couple of days  :)

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:38 AM »
smesyna // actually, what I want is your alien pattern flannel..  ;D I can't find anything cute like it!! and is that a chin chiller I see on the third floor? Do they use it?
my boys are practically rolling around the floor looking for cool spots so I was thinking of getting one..

ratlover33 // sweet setup!! That is just... wow. May we see more pics of ratties enjoying it?  :hyper:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »
Yup, its a chin chiller.  My rats don't really seem to lay on it very much (my boy likes to eat on it...lol) but then again it hasn't gotten hot here yet (at least not indoors.)  I suspect if your rats roll around looking for a cool spot then they will appreciate the chin chiller.

:(  Joann doesn't do international shipping?  It might cost a lot (has no idea about int'l shipping), but if you'd want to pay the shipping and for the fabric I'd go buy it for you and mail it to you.  PM me if you are interested.

Oh, actually the shipping is not that bad, 11 for first class (slowish), 14 for priority mail (faster) as I think I could fit the fabric in a small flat rate.

Anyway, don't care if you are not interested, just trying to be helpful.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:30:07 PM by smesyna »

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 05:55:59 PM »
new set up         

:yelcutelaugh: What is that? a peanut? Just to cute, "need to know whats going on, but don't leave go of my treat"!
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »
 i will see if i can get my boyfriend to post pic of the ratties playing in the cage he is tired now .  I love the peanut shot.  i am not sure what a chin chiller is please fill me in. 

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
i will see if i can get my boyfriend to post pic of the ratties playing in the cage he is tired now .  I love the peanut shot.  i am not sure what a chin chiller is please fill me in. 

Chin Chillers are little slabs of granite or marble tile that you put in the freezer and then put in you Chinchilla's cage to keep them cool.  I believe you can buy them in the big pet stores, or if you're cheap like I am you can go to Lowes/Home Depot/local flooring store and buy some of the damaged granite or marble slabs they sometimes have in the clearance areas.

Offline nottmyown

• Posts Too Much!
    • Hammock Hangout
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
I found another cage like the cage I already had and fit one one top of the other.  Now the girls have a 32W x 20D x 27H cage.  Will post more pics of it decorated later.

Sig4, on Flickr

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2010, 08:02:58 AM »
looks like the girls will love it.

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
The cage this week:

kind of odd on colors but I like it

Baani's favorite napping spot

I made him an improv cushion with scraps in hopes that he would ditch the old beat up one but no...

at least I caught Bosong using it  ;D

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »
How pretty!!  I especially love the bunk bed thing..it is too cute.  (thinks about making boyfriend making her rats make one for her hehehe)  Baani is so cute..they can be so funny sometimes.

Offline ratlover33

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 05:26:53 AM »
very sweet what a nice way to start my day i love this cage and the bunkbeds are so cute. Where did you get them? also those pillows are perfect. I must show my mom so she can make them for me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:33:35 AM by ratlover33 »

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
Thanks  ;D
The bunk bed is what I got from Daiso, a Japanese dollar shop. I know there are some Daiso stores in the US, but I dunno if they have the same merchandise.. I've seen similar things at just about any dollar shop.
Dollar shop =  :heart:  LOL

I didn't think they would use the toys as pillows but they really like it. I think it'll be worth a try making one  :thumbsup2:

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
The cage this week!

Super kudos for smesyna, who was kind enough to send me the cute alien flannel - halfway around the world for me to use  :yelcutelaugh:
I rushed to make some hammies, and love love love the setup this week. The boys were all hyper too!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »
Aww adorable!!  I love it and am glad you do too  :BlueDumboSmile:  Your babies better now chew it any time soon lol

Offline nottmyown

• Posts Too Much!
    • Hammock Hangout
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
I like your use of colors.  I normally try to make everything match pretty good, but your cage just looks fun.  Makes me think of a circus or carnival.
I love the shot of Baani on his favorite pillow too.

Sig4, on Flickr

Offline Nomi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
Your cages are so much fun! I love how colorful and interesting they are. It always looks like an abstract art playground to me.

Offline Gypsyrags

• The road to my heart is paved with paws...
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
I love seeing every one's cages. That's the first thing I did when I found goose moose is go through the 80 something pages of CN pictures. It makes me feel less crazy.  Tonguei have to completly agree with you my fiance thinks therye cool but not cool enough for me to talk about and swoon over them as much as i do
In rescuing animals I've lost my mind, but found my soul.

Offline Snippet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 06:13:50 AM »
My main cage (Abode)

My spare/ holiday cage (Ferplast Furet Plus)
Cara,
Owned by Lilly, Rose & Daphne
Missing Snippet, Frost, Willow, Nix, Fern, Heidi, Fizz, Micha, Bubbles, Bee, Asteroid & Gypsy

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
I love all those toys in the main cage!  The rainbow thing is especially cool too.