Author Topic: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!  (Read 212798 times)

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Other cage pics! Everone post your other cages here!!
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »
Snippet I love your cages! That big knot of rope looks fun - do the ratties play with it ?

Offline Snippet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
@ smesyna, that's a parrot toy.  I only got it as it was on sale :)

@ lazyrage, sometimes they knock it around and play with it, but mostly they just chew on it.  It has lasted well though, as I bought it this time last year when I intro'd Frost and Willow to Snippet and needed some new toys so everything was neutral.
Cara,
Owned by Lilly, Rose & Daphne
Missing Snippet, Frost, Willow, Nix, Fern, Heidi, Fizz, Micha, Bubbles, Bee, Asteroid & Gypsy

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 12:39:12 AM »
I have been spending a lot of time in our family room which is down stairs and the rats are up stairs and the time spent with them was getting less and less. So, I decided to dig out the Marchiorio cage. I set it up on the couch so when I am on the computer or watching TV they can take turns hanging out with me. There has to be a cage environment because I have seven dogs and this is safe for the rats, I can have the door open and can get/give pets. So here is the "family room cage".

and some pics of Louie & Nibs,

they are having a ton of fun digging in the carefresh!

the reason for safety, Smith,

and Jones,
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »
Wow critterchic, my favorite color... purple! So cute..
I love love your dogs too.. that pic of Smith 'eyeing' the rat is so funny..  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
Nothing new, but I rearranged the shelves and stuff. I think they like this layout much better  :)

I don't have many sets, but I'm kinda taking a break right now..

Offline Moo_Max_RATS

• Posts Too Much!
  • ~If you take the Plunge, be sure you can Swim~
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
Lazyrage, your cage looks so fun and colorful.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Snippet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Some photos of my set ups from the past couple of weeks.

Last weeks set up

And this weeks.  Please excuse the stuff that's on the top of the cage.  It's clean out day tomorrow and I'm collecting the stuff together.

Cara,
Missing Snippet, Frost, Willow, Nix, Fern, Heidi, Fizz, Micha, Bubbles, Bee, Asteroid & Gypsy

Offline Snippet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2010, 06:22:13 AM »
This weeks set up.

Cara,

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2010, 02:49:24 PM »
Here's my cage, I got it off of CL from a lady that used it as an aviary cage.  The door is too small but it is worth it..... I dont think I have enough stuff in it... What do you guys think?  The top left is a corner shelf I put in made of cardboard and the right is a homemade hammock out of fleece.  In the middle is a ladder that I put a sock on to make it easier cause all of mine are fairly young.  The cage has a metal floor so fleece on the bottom and on the far right on the bottom is the "litter" box in which they actualy go in!  Besides the occasional accidental pee here or there.  The second pic is showing it with mom and babies.  Long story. 

The box isnt usually empty, lol.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:56:13 PM by jayknee907 »
Jayknee
Mommy of 5:
Pickles and Dizzy (two female cats)
Rocksteady and Penny (two female PEWs)
and Jelly Belly (human - male hubby)

Offline dream_chaser023

• Rat Tails
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »
To lazyrage:  where did you find the bunk beds?  They're adorable!

Offline Alexa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 01:26:02 AM »
Snippet// your cage looks awesome as ever! I really gotta go buy me a basket like that... *sprints off to a dollar shop*

jayknee907// that looks just fine! I bet you'll get a lot of ideas eventually.. is that cage powder coated?

dream_chaser023// I got it at Daiso. It's a japanese dollar shop. I know there are some Daisos in US, but I don't know if they have the same merchandise. It's some sort of bathroom shelf organizer. I just love it!!

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 01:49:24 AM »
No, its not powder coated...... Should I get it powder coated?  I actually got a bigger one that is but the bars are too far apart at this moment.... but later it will be part of it and be put on top as a penthouse, lol.  How many do you think this will hold?
Jayknee
Mommy of 5:

Offline TamSmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2010, 02:07:24 AM »
No, its not powder coated...... Should I get it powder coated?  I actually got a bigger one that is but the bars are too far apart at this moment.... but later it will be part of it and be put on top as a penthouse, lol.  How many do you think this will hold?

If it's galvanized, it will absorb pee and stink like crazy. You can paint it with something I can't think of right now. Other will be able to tell you but it should be pretty easy. It's like a spay paint and after you paint it you just have to let it dry for the full amount of time before using it again.

Your babies are so small! They look just like my mouse haha

Offline Pomlover2586

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 02:23:37 AM »
This is my Rat Manor from Petco......it's a temporary cage until my Martin 695 arrives :hyper:

Bottom
~Elaina~
Mommy to:
 :heart: ~Kreacher~ :heart: ~Dobby~ :heart: ~Neville~ :heart:

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 02:29:17 AM »
Oh, well, I havent had a problem with it smelling yet in the last month and a half or so that i have had them....  I was wondering if they were small...... They seem small compared to you guys's..... whats that about?

Jayknee
Mommy of 5:

Offline TamSmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 03:00:15 AM »
Maybe they are secretly mice haha

Offline Pomlover2586

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »
Maybe they are secretly mice haha

Honestly when I saw the picture I thought they were! Really tiny :)
~Elaina~
Mommy to:

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2010, 03:11:32 AM »
Even the momma?  Hmmm...... Now I am really wondering, lol.....  :shocked2:   nooo
Jayknee
Mommy of 5:

Offline Pomlover2586

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:09 AM »
LOL I'm pretty sure they are rats- they are just very petite rats :BlueDumboSmile:
~Elaina~
Mommy to:

Offline Resonance19

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »
Oh my gosh! All these cages make me so excited to get my own! i am a returning rat owner... and im so excited to get mine and dec it out!
This Newb needs some help and friends! btw i am the girl with reddish hair on the left.

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2010, 04:04:45 AM »
Whew, good, glad they are rats, hahahaha.... honestly I was getting worried, lol, seriously!
Jayknee
Mommy of 5:

Offline Alyzaria

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
Hey guys!
I'm fairly new to this forum. I'm in Australia, so if I use the letter 'U' where you guys don't, like in the word "colour", that's why lol.
Anyway I love all the bright, colourful decorations. I've gone with the not at all cliched pink for girls, blue for boys colour schemes  :yelcutelaugh:

I currently have 2 girls and 3 boys. But I have a rescue boy coming within the next 2 weeks, as well as 2 little girls from a rescue litter and within the next 4 weeks another little baby girl I was lucky enough to get from a breeder when the initial buyer backed out. Based on the size of the cages I'd be happy to keep up to 6 boys and probably up to 7 girls.
I've also got this little frankencage that I just put together today for the babies when they come. It's only small, but they'll only be in there for a little while until they're ready to go in with the big girls.

I normally use a bigger cage for new ratties, but it's winter here at the moment so I have all the rat cages in my bedroom where it's always warm, so I'm kind of desperately lacking in floor space and needed a cage with a smaller footprint, thus, the frankencage was born  :yelcutelaugh:

Adora, Possum, Gem, Mini, Blossom, Mimi, Rommy, Whimzee
Rue, Pansy,
Anni, Cheese, Fluffy, Scrat, Zero, Angelus

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
Wow, I love your big cages!  So cute.  I like the pink mesh wheel..I haven't been able to find one here in the US.

Offline Alyzaria

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 11:42:05 PM »
Thanks! I love my big cages too  ;D The only small complaint I have is that I wish the doors were wider. It's too narrow to get both arms in if you need to. I can usually get by with one arm for hanging and whatnot, but a few times I've had to get my partner to help me from the outside of the cage while I'm holding stuff inside. BUT its a nice big cage for a really good price compared to others I've seen here in Australia. And it has 1cm bar spacing, so it's suitable for babies, which was really important to me.
The wheel is actually plastic, you can see them in more detail here: http://petone.com.au/smallanimal/smallpet_playwheels.asp
They're good for babies, but ratties quickly outgrow them. I think a wodent wheel is a much better purchase. I have a senior, but I need to get a wobust for my boys, they're getting too big for the senior now lol.

Adora, Possum, Gem, Mini, Blossom, Mimi, Rommy, Whimzee
Rue, Pansy,
Anni, Cheese, Fluffy, Scrat, Zero, Angelus

Offline Lizzy96

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
mine is the living world starter kit cage . yes , i know . living world isn't exactly top-of-the-line , but numero uno , I'm a kid , and its all my poor wallet could afford , and second , its big enough for 3 rats , and i have 2  ;D
right now all of their things are in the wash , so it looks like the poor things have nothing , but when i have their hammocks and blankets up again I'll post pictures.  ;)