Author Topic: Richmond/VA people!  (Read 2957 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Richmond/VA people!
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:23:18 AM »
I'm not sure where to post this.   

I just found a post on Craigslist.   

Have gotten rid of my snakes. I have 2 pairs of pet lab rats that we used for breeders. They come with 2/20 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon. There is also about 15-20 2 week old babies they are awesome colors. Parents range from 1/2 lb. to 1 lb. Are very large. I am asking $30 dollars for all. Serious inquires only. Pics avail. upon request.

I am thinking of taking the mommas and babies.   

Would there be people interested in adopting in a few weeks if I did this?   

Ok, side track.   Hubby was voice of reason that this is not something I can take on right now.   

I have emailed him asking he join here to try to find pet homes.   And if you could keep them til weaned and I can maybe get a pair of girls.   

Offline bit-bit

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm tough as glass and clean as night.
Re: Richmond/VA people!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:11:15 AM »
I'd be willing to take in and raise litters, and keep some of the females, but I'd need to have a guarantee of homes/fosters for the boys.  I don't want to end up in a situation where there are unfixed males in my house for any period of time, and can't afford that many neuters at once.

I don't suppose this person has sexed the babies, huh?  Also, do we know whether the adult males were with the females during/after birth?  Whoever ends up with these girls can probably expect another litter when this one is weaned, so we're looking at taking on up to 50-ish rats.

Edit:  Also, I can only get to Richmond on weekends.  So you might need to get the rats from him and hold them a couple days if he can't wait that long.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:13:37 AM by bit-bit »

Offline raisallie

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
I can take 2... possibly 3 females. And a male.

SoManyRats said she can take on two boys.

You can PM us if this goes through.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
Working on getting word and more info right now, will keep you guys posted.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
Ok you guys, some info.   We need transport or them from Pamplin to Richmond to meet with bit-bit.

The adult males are 3.5 years old, very sweet, and very big, and need a place now if possible.   

I'm waiting for some pictures this AM.   

Offline bit-bit

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm tough as glass and clean as night.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »
OK, I'm talking to Kat on AIM.

We still need help with transport from Pamplin VA to Richmond (I could also do Petersburg if you'd prefer to meet there).  It's 1.5 - 2 hours each way.  Here's a map of the rats' location.

It looks like we have a home figured out for the adult boys, but we'll need several homes for baby boys (and girls, but they're less urgent) in a couple weeks.

Please let us know if you can help out, especially with transport.  Even if you can only do half the route (especially if it's the western half), it might help us make this work.

Thanks!

Offline raisallie

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »
If I'm not so far counted for boys, I could do baby boys.

Erm, let me know ASAP, since I have to go get a cage to do this.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »
Right now we need transport from Pamplin to Richmond or Petersburg so bitbit can get the moms and babies to foster them.   So it would be a few weeks before babies are ready.

SoManyRats is willing to take the 2 old men so whoever  picks them up would need to meet up with her to get her those 2 also.   

Offline raisallie

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Alright. DO we have any knowledge on what shape these guys are in? I assume it's not great considering the add, but are we looking at any hard medical problems ( I know it's a possibility no matter what, but I want to have as much knowledge going into this as possible).

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
No on medical problems.   The babies look good in the picture I got tonight.   

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »
How are we looking on ability to transport?   here are 3 of the babies.   SoManyRats, I'm working on getting a picture of the adults so you can see the boys.   

Offline raisallie

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
They look nice, in terms of coat condition and what not. And curious by that little grey. That's a good sign.

I wish I could help with transport but I'm not running with the most reliable vehicle known to man (or anywhere close, urg). But the babies are estimated at how old?  They look like mine at 3-4 weeks

Offline SoManyRats

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »
Any new info on whats going on with these guys?

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »
Any new info on whats going on with these guys?

We're still held up on transport.   

Offline SoManyRats

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
Ok....hmmm...well do you guys have to pass anywhere near richmond to get from the site to farmville?