Author Topic: *sigh* F430 not working out,back to SPE?  (Read 697 times)

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
*sigh* F430 not working out,back to SPE?
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
So I got a martins ferret cage off of CL awhile back. Its just....not working out...the room I have it in...makes it impossible to clean. I like it cause its big and roomy. But....just not enough space to make it practical....I am looking on CL but not really seeing anything I like. As of right now,my 3 babies are in a R680 and Snuff is in the F430. Which the plan was to add the babies to when big enough. Well thats not gonna work now. So......how many can fit in a SPE?? I am seriously thinking of going back to that....but I dont think 4 can fit in it? I think 3 is the max?? BAH.

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *sigh* F430 not working out,back to SPE?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »
The cage calculator says 4 can fit in the SPE but I wouldn't stick more than 3 good sized boys in it myself.

That sucks about the Martin's not working, the 430 has an interesting layout.  You could add a full middle floor to the SPE if you're handy (pic of mine below).  That limits the flexibility of redesigning the cage but I felt like it gave it more usable space.  OR maybe you can resell the F430 and the SPE and get a 695 or a single level FN/CN?  A used single FN should be fairly cheap --assuming you have the space for it.  Or can you get another 680 and stack it on the one you have now?

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
Thanks WJ. I did move Snuff and the babies into the SPE. They are babies,so its fine for now. I can work on getting something else till then. I put it a bunch of hammocks and 3 of the shelves. Plenty of stuff to do,I think.  :)

Yeah interesting layout,more like...pain in the rear end layout LOL.

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
UMM...CRITTER NATION??????? much easier....did not like the sp cage and I think it's easier  to decorate than the martins..just my h.o.......
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
haha if i had room i so would in a heartbeat!! hmmm...ponders where it could go..... :cheeky:

Offline mccauleywent73005

• Posts Too Much!
    • Fantasticall Frugal Hammocks
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
feel free to give me the martins!! i dont find them difficult at all :) and the 430 is just like a 680 only taller isnt it?

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
Its the same as the 695. Just layout is different. The bar spacing is 1 by 1. So too big for babies but fine for adults.Unless they are small,like girls I guess.  Are you near me? LOL. Cause I do need it gone. Like.SOON.   :wink5:

Offline mccauleywent73005

• Posts Too Much!
    • Fantasticall Frugal Hammocks
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »
thats the 430 HR.. and i dont know where you are.. im in ohio :/

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
Oh, I dunno. I just knows it 430 lol. I am near Philly,Pa.

Offline LoveMyPets81

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »
So I realized the problem with the martins cage. Its the pan thats too long and wide to fit in the groove of where my spe perfectly fits. So it made it sit out alot further,thus less room. B/c,Martins cages are actually the size they say they are. Super pet,well arent.  :yelcutelaugh:

Ponders what to do....