Author Topic: Looking for Ferret in NE Ohio  (Read 4955 times)

Offline mccauleywent73005

• Posts Too Much!
    • Fantasticall Frugal Hammocks
Looking for Ferret in NE Ohio
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
Im posting this for my mother. She currently has 2 ferrets a 10 year old male and a 6-7 year old female. The male is on his last leg unfortunately, and we are prepared for him to pass soon. he has recently been diagnosed with a insulinoma, and even with treatment, has been having at least 1 seizure a week (sometimes every day).

anyway..... she wanted to possible get another ferret for her girl (Flower) for when the boy passes. they are free-range ferrets and she does have 2 very mellow cats, so the  new ferret would have to be used to cats. she is partially paralyzed and does not work, so she would be home with them at all times. we have a vet reference if needed. prefer to get a older female so that they can age together, and our male is kind of a "alpha" type and would not due well with another male ferret.

they eat a mix of high quality cat foods- as do the cats, and get vet care when ever necessary. any questions feel free to PM me. thanks!!

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Looking for Ferret in NE Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »
the male unfortunatly passed this week, and we are still looking for a ferret to keep Flower company. she is very sad :(

Offline zenia

• Posts Too Much!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »
I am sorry to hear about the ferret. Hopefully you will find someone to keep Flower company soon.

Offline nakedrats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Try Ferrets Unlimited.  They are a no-kill ferret shelter in northern Ohio.  I hope Flower finds her new best friend soon.
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org/index.html

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
thanks i did put my app in to ferrets unlimited yesterday! they have 2 single older females flower is going to go see once my app gets reviewed. thanks for ur help and sympathy

Offline nakedrats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »

Yay!  I hope they hit it off and become best buds.   :heart:

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 10:52:56 AM »
just to let you know-- i guess the person that does applications for ferrets unlimited has been on vacation, they sent me a email yesterday saying to give them 48 more hours to review... well in the meantime i have been searching CL and found a single boy (4y/o) an hour away from us! we are gonna go meet him this weekend! he is already on the exact same food we feed our furrets so thats a plus, and the lady seems very very nice and isnt charging a rehoming fee =)!!! i cannot wait!! he is also a cinnamon and looks goooorgeous in his photos!!

ill keep you updated!

Offline nakedrats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:10:20 PM »

Woo!  Weasels in need are weasels in need, and you're in need of a weasel!   :yelcutelaugh:

You have to post pictures of this orange stud when you gettim!