Author Topic: Odoban love  (Read 13514 times)

Offline weadea

Odoban love
« on: May 18, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
So one of my cages is the dreaded non-powder coated cages. You know the smell isnít really as bad as itís sometimes made out to be.  But itís definitely there if you stand next to it and sniff the metal.  With regular cleaning itís actually not so bad.

Iíd consider powercoating the cage but havenít gotten quotes lower than $240 and didnít want the hassle of spray painting and having to get new temporary cages for 16 rats.  (It was a $40 craigslist find steal Ė a 60ĒH x 36ĒW x 30ĒD Martins PDF450.  Three full floors and one shelf.)

But anyway, on to the Odoban.  I swore it was on every other post as I was catching up on the threads so I grabbed some at Home Depot over the weekend.   Now I can stand next to the cage and sniff and not smell anything.  Not-so-bad smell turned into non-existant smell. Yep, the stuff is crazy. 
Schultz, Reese, and Finch are my current crew.

Hans, Heinrich, Otto, Dagmar, Olga: Olga's half-wild "kids" -Ursula, Gertrud, Ada, Berta, Helga, Magda, Greta, Hilda, Gunther, Gustav, Franz,  Aldous, Fritz - And more recent guys -Roberto, Rasputin, and Sherman... I miss you.

Offline Kenzie

• Posts Too Much!
  • The Krusty Krab PIZZA Is THE PIZZA for YOU and ME!
Re: Odoban love
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »
McCauley recommended it right?

I've yet to try it, my cages never smell that bad, usually if it does its just time to change the liners and litter box.

Offline Chola

• Rats = Instant Love
    • Jen's Page
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
From what I have deducted, McCauley LIVES by it.  haha

Offline Kenzie

• Posts Too Much!
  • The Krusty Krab PIZZA Is THE PIZZA for YOU and ME!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:01:32 PM »
From what I have deducted, McCauley LIVES by it.  haha

I'm actually waiting for her to reply *looks at watch*

Hmm.
Anyways, does it have a particular scent?

Offline Jennandjuicetm

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
I can't believe that this has been up for a whole 3.5 hours and she hasn't seen it. I'll bet, wherever she is, that he O-Ban senses are tingling.  :yelcutelaugh:
RIP:

Offline weadea

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »
Hmm.
Anyways, does it have a particular scent?

It does have a scent but I'm not sure how to describe it. It kind of reminded me of this Aveeno oatmeal bath stuff. The neighbor came by while I was cleaning the cage and thought it smelled good.  My boyfriend who hates all scents said it didn't smell bad but made his eyes water.  His eyes stopped watering after I was done actively using it.  

It is kinda scary with the eyes though.  I think one of the label warnings said it can cause irreversable eye damage.  I put some saftey glasses on because I was using a scrub brush and I'm a clutz and get stuff everywhere no matter what I'm doing.

Hans, Heinrich, Otto, Dagmar, Olga: Olga's half-wild "kids" -Ursula, Gertrud, Ada, Berta, Helga, Magda, Greta, Hilda, Gunther, Gustav, Franz,  Aldous, Fritz - And more recent guys -Roberto, Rasputin, and Sherman... I miss you.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
What has sold me is its crazy disinfecting power.  It kills all sorts of viruses which is awesome.  Where did you pick up yours?

I was looking for mccauley to post too!! lol

Offline mccauleywent73005

• Posts Too Much!
    • Fantasticall Frugal Hammocks
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »
sooooorrry!!! i do go out sometimes!! hahaha

yes-- ode to odoban what a wonderful thing you are!!

there WAS a list on their site of everything it did indeed kill, and i know distemper, parvo, bird flu, swine flu, HIV, herpes simplex and lots of fun other stuff was on the list. i literally have no URIs in my ratties which is awesome (i give credit to my breeder on this one too-- but i think part of it is odoban kills all the crap haha) and literally there is NO smell on the cages. you could eat off those things! =)

oh and it smells like "eucalyptus" which is really just a nice light clean smell.

gotta love the odoban!!

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
 :poke: :yelcutelaugh: :toothy9: :hello:..needs to go to Sams club ;D
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline Jaden

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
I'm defiantly putting this on my list.. odoban this odoban that(mccauleywent73005!!)
My boys: Marvel, Hero, Linus, DiVinci, Link, and Pip

RIP: Bud, Mr. Finkel, Mister, Agent 86, Dexter, Tucker, and Binx

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
hahahaha if i was all computer savy id make a picture of Bella saying "i LOOOVE ODOBAN!!" and send it to them.. and become rich muahhahah cuz bella is the cutest hairless EVA ;)

o o and mini Bella

heirs to the odoban fortune ;)

Offline Chola

• Rats = Instant Love
    • Jen's Page
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »
She would be the cutest spokesperson ever!!  I love how her ears are elephanty.  I'd definitely buy Odoban if I saw that ;)

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 09:42:11 PM »
she really does have the biggest friggin ears.. lol look at the first pic in my sig :)
hijack over i promise :) back to ODOBAN!!

Offline hokankai

• Good things come in tiny packages!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »
 :wave2: Question! Is there another place you can buy it besides Sam's Club? I found mine in the pet section of a regular Walmart, but they only had the biodegradable non-toxic wipes (which I use for daily pee puddles) and the hard surface cleaner in the magenta spray bottle (for full cleanings). Are the non pet products in another part of the store? I was looking in the cleaner section but couldn't find it. Also, in case my future Walmart doesn't have those few pet products, is there another place I can purchase Odoban?

So far, I really like the product! the only smell that occurs in the cage is from the pee-soaked hammies  :yelcutelaugh:

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »
i havent a clue. i have a sams card and it is super inexpensive there so thats the only place i buy it. someone else had posted they got it at home depot? i think.. scroll up  :thumbsup2: lol

Offline hokankai

• Good things come in tiny packages!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »
LOL nice ::) should have read the entire post. dur  :P

Offline weadea

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 11:23:59 PM »
Got mine at home depot.

Offline chapstickaddict

• Posts Too Much!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
Of course, we don't have a Sam's club OR a Home Depot. Just a Lowes. I wonder if i can get it there....otherwise I'll have to stalk walmart. I hate living in the UP sometimes. I can't imagine what it'd be like living anywhere outside of Marquette :worry:

Offline Chola

• Rats = Instant Love
    • Jen's Page
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
I will definitely have to stop at the Home Depot before I go back to college!  My college is in a rinky dink town that doesn't have ANYTHING, so I stock up before I leave.  McCauley is going to make us all into believers.  haha

Offline chapstickaddict

• Posts Too Much!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
Hmmm maybe I'll snag some when I go downstate for a wedding... :cool:

*jots down on to-do-while-home list*

Offline Navi

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »
So since this kills all sorts of things... Would it hurt insects? I read that hermit crabs are so closely related to insects that insecticides can kill them... so I worry about everything now... :p My family was getting this dust sorta stuff you spread around the edges of your walls that like cuts insects up internally and kills them. (we have ants) Totally don't want that around them.. But would this be safe?

Like seriously, Mccauley, do they pay you for this? lol

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
no they dont pay me, but they should start  :cheeky:

haha umm... no clue about the hermit crabs, i never had them  ???

Offline vivianelizabeth

• omnomnom
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
*is bored in computer sceince class*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:24 PM »
hahahaha awe!!!!! thats gonna be my screen saver on my phone!! hahaha

Offline vivianelizabeth

• omnomnom
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
That picture of bella makes me want to get a nakey rat......