Author Topic: Would this be okay for a maternity tank?  (Read 404 times)

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
Would this be okay for a maternity tank?
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
I may be having a possible overload of rittens soon and I'm trying to find cheap habitats that are suitable/chew proof. I have one 20 gallon glass tank that I plan on using, but if I wind up having more than one litter, would these work? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13376578&findingMethod=rr& It would just be till the bubs are weaned and big enough to be in actual cages. Obviously I would modify the top and make a lid with hardware cloth or something similar...i was just wondering if this was suitable.
Home of Daisie, Maizie, Bailie, Maci, Ebony, Kassadee, and Ivy (mice); Chico and Maggie (dogs); Smeagol, Mia (cats); Wildfire (horse); Sullivan (aka Sully) and Jakey (goats); Starlight, Starbright, and Esteban (fish)

Offline mccauleywent73005

• Posts Too Much!
    • Fantasticall Frugal Hammocks
Re: Would this be okay for a maternity tank?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
yeah i have one of those exact tubs as a QT bin, theres a thread on Bin cages on here right now for tips.

Offline Blue Eternity

• *sniff sniff*
Re: Would this be okay for a maternity tank?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
Bin cages are great! (And cheap, and light!) I've used them in the past for my hedgehog.

I bought mine at Big Lots because they were cheaper than the ones at Walmart. So check there and you might find one for less!
Mischief Makers:
Willow (Dumbo Rex)
Gingko (Hairless)
Little One (Rex)