Author Topic: 9 week old kitten with ... the runnnns ...  (Read 1064 times)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
9 week old kitten with ... the runnnns ...
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
She got wormed almost 2 weeks ago (due for her 2nd dose saturday).

Last night, she had one potty time that was runny.  Today, she's going everywhere.  And not in the litter box anymore...  She's in a playpen right now, so as to not have her going alllll over the house.

What can I give her to help stop it??

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: 9 week old kitten with ... the runnnns ...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
Canned pumpkin may help bulk it up a bit, due to added fiber.  But it may make things worse.  Try some yogurt maybe?  Has anything else changed recently that might have set it off?

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »
Nope ... she's been getting the same food since she got weaned.  We went and visited Kates mom yesterday with her, and she got a lot more excerize than normal, including running around a dance studio.  Lol

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »
I wonder if she got into something while she was there...  Cats will eat the weirdest things!  Make sure she's getting enough liquids, as you don't want her getting dehydrated (but I'm sure you already knew that), and hopefully this will resolve itself soon.  I don't think there are any anti-diarrhea meds that are safe to give to kitties, unfortunately.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »
Well, she was in the play pen at Kate's moms house, and if she wasn't in the pen, she was cuddling some one.  They don't use rodent poisons or anything like that at the dance studio.

She was semi constipated before this.  She hadn't gone in probably a day or so, so it could just be her bodies last resort to flush itself out.  The amount of poooooo is getting smaller, so I think she's almost done with it.  I have to go to walmart tonight to pick up a food processor for raw noms for the weasels, so I'll pick her up some pedialyte too.