Author Topic: Critter Nation Question  (Read 620 times)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
Critter Nation Question
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »
 I have a Ferret nation and Critter nation both are double.
i was wondering about how many rats can fit per half. I wanted to split the cages up so i can have more space and was planning on buying a  martins playpen for rats. I have 5 females and i would like to house them on the top and have some males on the bottom. I am getting the males neutored so won't worry about any babies.
 Just needed to know if 5 is too many to put in half a Critter nation
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline Ollybabee

• Posts Too Much!
  • Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong.
Re: Critter Nation Question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »
I think 5 is the max number per half :) Should be fine.
Owned by three big boys, Everett, Rainey and Cobb.

Offline shayb26

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
The calc says 6 but i have 5 in a half right now and while they do have plenty of room i would not push it to the limit of 6 i think that may end up a bit cramped.

Offline windy1365

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »
I have six females in a single level critter nation, but I purchased an additional shelf, which made a huge difference in useable space.  Three of the girls are very petite, two are squisy, and one is large (petstore rat).  They have plenty of room....during the day, they are all piled on top of each other, though. 

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 01:38:56 AM »
Right now

I gave my 5 girls the full Critter nation.
 I have 2 males ( very large) in the top of my Ferret nation and 2 older rats ( one almost 3) on the bottom half.
THan Annie is alone in a rabbit cage with a ramp and leo is alone in another.

I would really like to get it to a point of just the critter nation in the future.
 I bacame a manger so i am working a lot and i am pretty warn out at the end of each day. I wanted to make sure my rats didn't suffer.
 I hope get to get the boys fixed and than try and into them into the critter nation, i hope annie gets well soon and sadly i expect that i will letting same cross the bridge soon.
Leo had a brother that passed away last monday and none of the other groups seem to be willing to take him in.

R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.