Author Topic: Cage, Toys & Accessories! ( Long post..with photos. :D)  (Read 405 times)

Offline [Brittany]

• Facebook Profile
Cage, Toys & Accessories! ( Long post..with photos. :D)
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Hello everyone! Back again.. :)

So, I made a topic a few weeks ago and I was deciding whether or not to buy the R-695. Well, I ordered one. I finally managed to put it together too.
The only thing I wish I would have done differently, is use zip ties. I used those c rings that came along with the cage.  :doh: Oh well, hehe.

I don't have very much in it at the moment besides what is shown. A hammock I store bought, a few balls with bells inside, a nest box that came with a cage topper, a hanging bird toy, Tropical Fiddle Sticks Hideout. (the wood is safe right?) I already bought the 50% off hammock package from Neelia's Nook, so I will have those soon enough. I also plan on buying a few towels for the pan.

I have plenty of time yet though, because I am still waiting on the litter to be born and/or an email from the breeder letting me know. She told me on the 12th that it could be around 2 weeks yet and it has been over 2 weeks so, I'm hoping to hear back from her soon. The litter is going to be about 50% dwarf though I am hoping to get 2 standard males from it.

I didn't put any fleece in yet. I found these oversized fleece throws on sale $2 each (50x70in) and I bought three of them to start out.
I thought I could somehow use them as cage liners or at least pin them on, since I don't sew or anything lol. :P
| |

Today, I picked up a few more things. I even found a braided fleece rope! :D I think it was only like $1.50 or $2.00. Not too bad.
I also picked up some baskets. The smaller ones were a pack, 3 for $1 and the larger one was $1.50 - not sure whether to keep
the handle part or not. I'm not sure what to do with the small ones really lol, but I guess I will figure something out.

If anyone else wants to share their toys or accessories feel free to post them here
and if you have any toys your rats love, that you would recommend - please let me know! I am still looking for more.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:28:11 PM by [Brittany] »

Offline Cera

• Ewan & Finley
Re: Cage, Toys & Accessories! ( Long post..with photos. :D)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
Adorable!  I love the look of the new 695 - I have an older one and the doors are a pain. 

I think with the smaller baskets, you could ziptie them to the cage if you wanted to.  This would probably work best in a corner.  Then you could cut up some fleece and throw it in.  Instant rattie nest. :)

Offline [Brittany]

• Facebook Profile
Re: Cage, Toys & Accessories! ( Long post..with photos. :D)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »
Yeah, I love the size of the doors. I also added the extra $10 for the flip top.

And that's a good idea for the smaller baskets, I just might have to try that.

I think they will eventually outgrow those ones unless they squeeze into them.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

The little baskets are quite small, but I think they will work out great for babies.