Author Topic: What cage is this?  (Read 1219 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
What cage is this?
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Re: What cage is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »
It is a super pet my first home for ferrets starter kit.  It is 30x18x16 and I believe it has 3/4 inch bar spacing.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »
http://www.superpetusa.com/product-list/my-first-home-complete-ferret-kit.htm

ETA: They apparently didn't like or lost the levels though.  The only hunter green cage superpet has is that one and I recognized the superpet logo even though I couldn't read it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:10:16 PM by smesyna »

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »
are you sure?   I only see one door

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:17:13 PM »
Huh.  Let me check their gerbil/hamster cages... :(

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:19:02 PM »
Please tell me there aren't rats kept in there  :'(

I didn't think to consider hamster cages because I assumed this had to do with rats.  I found this though:

http://www.superpetusa.com/product-list/deluxe-my-first-hamster-home-2story.htm

11x13.5x14.5

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
yes rats, 3 young on cl, eating hamster food.  males.  need home by saturday when she moves.

Offline Pomlover2586

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
OMG>......sickening. Where is she located?
~Elaina~
Mommy to:
 :heart: ~Kreacher~ :heart: ~Dobby~ :heart: ~Neville~ :heart:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »
:( Oh man.  I wonder if she is really getting rid of them all to move or just giving a sob story to get people to buy them  ???  How tough-do you think you could convince her to give them to you for free?

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
trying, and would have to convince myself and the hub.   

They are 3 "I think they are all males"   I can tell 2 are from pictures.   

3 "hairless"  they are poor double rexes?

Donno what bedding, are eating hamster food "I didn't think it mattered"

Got them a month ago, but decided to move to FL with BF and had to pick to take my rats or my dog....

UGH

latest email

"i will either lower the price to take them to the guy i got them from. but he sells them for $15 each. not sure what i will do."  I'd told her I'm torn since there will be a lot of cost involved in getting them a proper cage, food etc.   And asked what she would do if no one will take them.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 11:46:53 PM »
Pom - not near you at all :(

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 11:55:03 PM »
You all do realize it is your jobs to talk me OUT of getting these boys right?

Offline jayknee907

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 12:06:21 AM »
Nope you have to get them!  They are CALLING YOU!  Look at those ears!!!  You would only be so lucky!!!  In Alaska we cant have ANY besides some parts and they are only albino! :BlueDumboBigEyes:
Jayknee
Mommy of 5:
Pickles and Dizzy (two female cats)
Rocksteady and Penny (two female PEWs)
and Jelly Belly (human - male hubby)

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
You all do realize it is your jobs to talk me OUT of getting these boys right?
If you pay any money to her you are supporting a BYB and encouraging her.  If she really cared about finding homes for them because she was moving and not just trying to make money and eventually possibly even sell more she'd give them to you for free-since she's obviously not charging to keep them from becoming food.  Honestly I'd understand if you got them, but I personally wouldn't-I might not even if they were free because it would still be supporting her irresponsibility.  But that's just me-there's nothing wrong with taking them if you don't have to pay.

She also tried to get money from you by saying that she'd give them to someone else but then they'd charge you 15.  She seems to think its just that you want a good deal on them.  GRR.  She doesn't give a flying &*%$ what happens to them.

Okay I'm done and I only went on this schpeal because you asked.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 12:58:25 AM »
Thanks!   this one is $30 with cage.   I think I made her mad.   Funny what caused it.   I told her by the way these are double rexes, not hairlesses, the last email I got from her was asking "how would you know that?"

Offline xXSweetxNightmareXx

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:19 AM »
Oh my god! That's awful! The owner selling them should be ashamed of themselves! Those rats barely have any room to move in that stupid little cage!

If you can, you've got to rescue those poor babies. I'd hate to see them fall into the hands of someone that things that girl was taking good care of them. I would, but I'm nowhere nearby. :(

I agree that supporting that crap would be awful. Have you told her that she's got them in waaaay too small a cage and on the completely wrong diet? If you could show her that you actually know what you're talking about, maybe they might ease up. But most likely not. I'd hate for you to support her crap, but if you can give those babies a good home, I'd hate for someone else to take them to who knows what, possible even becoming feeders.

That's funny, thirty with cage. You should ask her how much without the cage, cause it's as useless as not having a cage at all. It's what I'd do.

^Click to see my blog thread!^

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »
What does she mean how would you know??  You take care of rats and unlike her don't give them hamster food and hamster cages!!  I understand not knowing that kaytee is crappy rat food...but to buy food made for an entirely different species?? I find it hard to believe anyone is that dumb.  And you can tell by looking...seeing as they have all that hair lol.

sweetnightmare-it sucks but I work with a rat rescue so I can tell you this: we can't save them all.  There are too many rats out there-we can make more of a differnce by not supporting byb's so that they stop than by buying their rats because they can breed more than we can keep and if we take them they will just make more since hey they are selling.  It is on that woman, not Kat, if something bad happens to those rats.  I think it is more important to save the ones we can that won't be supporting more rats being bred-it makes more of a difference that way and its still saving rats.  Anyway, I don't condemn people for doing what they do with regards to purchasing rats from petstores or byb's or whatever but that is my take on this.

She also did show that she cares and that hamster food isn't appropriate from what she said in her other post I believe  She also said that the cage and other stuff for them would cost a lot of money-the woman doesn't give a damn what happens to them.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »
Been over an hour since I've heard from her.  Did send another asking how much for just the rats.   Doubt she's going to bite.  She'd already told me too that a few other people emailed her but I was the only one that had emailed her even a second time.   Probably largely due to she isn't even sure if they are males or females!   I can see that 2 for sure are males, unfortunately there isn't a good picture to tell on the third one :( 

I asked hub how can you get to be an adult and not be able to tell male from female, not be able to give me an estimation on measurements for a cage (I don't even care if it's "2 pop cans tall, 4 pop cans wide, and 2 pop cans long.   At least it gives me an idea and I can look up the measurment of a pop can!  And not know that hamster food isn't what rats need.   

I've been trying to not lecture her too bad, she wants to ditch them and move, and make some of her money back....   she doesn't care about improving for them anyways.   I didn't think informing her that they would cost me quite a bit to adequately care for was a lecture, and certainly not telling her that they were double rexes. 

The "exotics"  store is not going to give her her $45 back... and oddly he gave her the setup too?   She said he keeps rats at the store to feed the other animals but doesn't use "these" as feeders....   

Offline Robinkwr

• Posts Too Much!
  • They all have my heart...
    • Robin's Hammocks
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
Those poor babies. They are precious looking. I really hope you can get them and give them what they so need right now.

Offline xXSweetxNightmareXx

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
Even possibly supporting her crap, I wouldn't leave them there. I know you have to pick and choose, but the way I see it, if you have room in your cage, and the funds to do it, why not? I would talk them down to the lowest price possible and take it. Maybe I could even pull a fast one and just run away with them when I went to pick them up. XD But I wouldn't leave them there. Especially if she's threatening to return them to a store that sells feeders. Those poor maybe-boys. I wish I was close enough, but I'm nowhere near.

^Click to see my blog thread!^

Offline Cera

• Ewan & Finley
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »
Wait, you said pop cans... are you in or around Pittsburgh??  Because the Pittsburgh Rat Lovers club maaaay be able to help out if you can get them away from her but can't keep them permanently.  (Lol, sorry, I love dialect.)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »
LOL, no, I grew up in Ohio.   And still hate the word "soda"