Author Topic: i need name help....Storyseeker if you are out there.  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
Re: i need name help....Storyseeker if you are out there.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 02:40:58 PM »
Pew(harvey) is now...Apollo                    black varie(chumley) is now...Severus        black mismarked capped(elwood) is  now....Eli.       
  Still not sure on the black eye patched(pooka) maybe a pirate name. If not im thinking of Rocket. But id like to find a pirate name if i can lol...
Mom to : Percival the ferret, Maggie the dog, Sophie the kitten, and Gabby the cat. Holding memories of the many rats of my past ...

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »
I finally settled on a name for my black eye patched boy..... His new name is. Broombah. After an old tv mini series character. The series is called cennteniel(spelling incorrect oops)
Mom to : Percival the ferret, Maggie the dog, Sophie the kitten, and Gabby the cat. Holding memories of the many rats of my past ...

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »
The difference between albino and PEW is that all albinos are PEWs but not all PEWs are albinos. This difference is in the genetics - albinos are always 'cc', PEWs are either ablinos 'cc' or a multidilute that makes the rat appear so washed out its a PEW.

There it is!   I knew there was a way to explain it clearly.  I just hadn't wrapped my head around it.

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
I finally settled on a name for my black eye patched boy..... His new name is. Broombah. After an old tv mini series character. The series is called cennteniel(spelling incorrect oops)

So, Romulus and Remus,  Apollo, Severus, Eli, and Broombah (After Hans or Kurt Brumbaugh?). 

You don't aim small, mostly :).   

A war general/founder of Rome.
A war general/founder and first king of Rome.
The Roman god of light.
A Roman Emperor (or teacher of Defense of the Dark Arts).
A Big Strapping ex-wrestler/gridiron looking character. 

:bow:

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
Storyseeker you are so wise.Hans brumbaugh lol! I take it youve seen centennial? I grew up watching it at least twiice a year.

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »
Hans..... Have you seen that show storyseeker?

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
Wise?  No.  Old?  Mmmm.  Maybe. ;D

Offline Unhappymom

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
They had beautiful names that they responded to.  What a shame that you had to go and change them. 

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
I believe that when someone adopts a rat they have the right to change thier names. I tried using their names they didnt fit for me and they are doing just fine with their new names thank you

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »
I can see both sides of this conflict. I don't see where you have said anything bad about the girl that owned the boys. But I can understand where it might rub someone the wrong way that you renamed them right away. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with renaming them, but with the young girl beinga member of this forum and obviously veru upset about having to rehome her rats it probably really hurt her feelings.
I'm not trying to offend you, but I probably would have payed more than $60.00 for everything, especially considering that the people are losing their house. It's a really sad thing.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
I don't think she under paid for anything or has done a single thing wrong. At all. Someone put their rats up for rehoming (They may have had to, but either way, they did it. ). Someone comes along and adopts them, paying the rehoming fee (I wouldn't have paid more. Rats are expensive enough to care for), and giving the rats a wonderful, loving home. End of story.

The girl is upset, yeah, that's sad. But the rats have a nice, loving home. Be happy for that. Be happy a forum member took them in. I've known people pay for stuff like that and ditch the animals. Better a happy home where they are loved than in a snake's belly, and someone has a bunch of stuff to sell or keep for other animals.

It's very simple. The rats were rehomed. That was the original family's decision (Whom didn't disclose all proper info, nor honor an adoption contract, but that's neither here nor there.).

Nowhere was the original owner slandered. I just see someone trying to pick petty fights.

My taste in names is different from others. I would have changed their names if I felt something else suited them better. Simple as that. I don't understand why a name change should be taken hard. The rats are happy. I'm tired of seeing adults act like pre-teens. Not really a good example set for their children.

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
It was handled by a moderator.  Emotions were high and Unhappy was protective of her child as any mother might be when her child is having a hard time. Hopefully Unhappy will calm down and see things a little more clearly. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:54:34 PM by Storyseeker »

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
I understand protecting your children even when my boys are 25 i will also be protective still just like unhappy was of her daughter.i understand the loss of a pet. also i didnt know they were losing their house. i was told they sold it and were planning on moving out of state. I hope for the best for the previous owner and hope she knows that her guys are in good hands.

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »
When people are under alot of pressure they can get very emotional. I know it's definately happened to me before. I'm sure it is a refief to unhappy's daughter to know that her rats are ina good home. I know I would be.