Author Topic: This isn't really a question, but I thought I should announce  (Read 3233 times)

Offline [inactive]

This isn't really a question, but I thought I should announce
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »
that by the end of the month, I should have a double unit Critter Nation for my girls! And I'm very excited to get them out of the Rat Manor -.- Gahh. -happy dance-

Hey, wait, here is a good question!
Where do you recommend ordering from? I was thinkin' Amazon or PetSmart. :]

But yeah, mainly this post was to talk about how completely excited I am <3 I was going to save up for something else but I was like 'they need a bigger cage, it's only like $230... I could get it in a few weeks....' so needless to say, the decision was easy. Unless someone has some serious downfalls and complaints I should be aware of [I know of the lack of deep base pans, but that's not too big of a deal].

So yeah, unless someone can recommend a better cage [which I'm not sure there is one] for around the same price between now and September first, then it's been decided.

:heart:

Crittuh Nayshun heer ai com. [Critter Nation here I come.]

Offline kayleys_hammocks

Re: This isn't really a question, but I thought I should announce
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
Congrats on the critter nation!  :party:
Its probably the best cage on the market.  :cheeky:
I think you will be VERY happy with it! :thumbsup2:

Offline The Jenn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Better with a buddy!
    • Jenn's Hammock Hobby
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »
I love my CN like burning. :heart: Pretty much the best cages out there are the CN/FN and Martin's cages. So long as you have the space and you don't mind the shallow pans, you absolutely won't regret getting a CN! They're the easiest things to clean in the world thanks to those doors and decorating is a blast.

One thing I'll recommend if you have the money is to order an extra shelf from Midwest for the cage. Alternately, you can find convenient closet organizers. They really help to maximize the huge amount of space in the cage. It's way more massive than you expect!

I know that there are better places to order from, though I can't come up with the name off the top of my head. I got mine from petstreetmall.com but I know that lots of people have had trouble with their customer service and that there's one roughly the same price elsewhere.
Current are Alexander, Vanellope, Taffyta
R.I.P. Ondo, Jeremy, Iggy, Dai, Doze, Julie, Audrey, Stitch, Johanna, Lucy, Alphonse, Miriam, April, Monty

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
Congrats on the critter nation!  :party:
Its probably the best cage on the market.  :cheeky:
I think you will be VERY happy with it! :thumbsup2:

Very good to know :heart:
Thanks. :]
I'm way too impatient for this month to go by, haha.

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »
I love my CN like burning. :heart: Pretty much the best cages out there are the CN/FN and Martin's cages. So long as you have the space and you don't mind the shallow pans, you absolutely won't regret getting a CN! They're the easiest things to clean in the world thanks to those doors and decorating is a blast.

One thing I'll recommend if you have the money is to order an extra shelf from Midwest for the cage. Alternately, you can find convenient closet organizers. They really help to maximize the huge amount of space in the cage. It's way more massive than you expect!

I know that there are better places to order from, though I can't come up with the name off the top of my head. I got mine from petstreetmall.com but I know that lots of people have had trouble with their customer service and that there's one roughly the same price elsewhere.
Thank you for the tips :heart:

Offline armywife

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
I bought mine (single CN) from here http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest-Pets-162-MDW1242.html?cv= it's free shipping and i got my cage 4 days after i ordered it and without any damage. I love my CN and so do my girls  ;D
Abby,Sookie & Mia

Offline rodentsrevenge

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud mama of Rat Town!
    • Independently, yours
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
i got mine single level CN from petsmart. it was $145 with $5 shipping. the only complaint i had was the top section was a little bent, but nothing a hammer couldn't fix haha.

Offline sevenfourteen87

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »
I bought mine (single CN) from here http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest-Pets-162-MDW1242.html?cv= it's free shipping and i got my cage 4 days after i ordered it and without any damage. I love my CN and so do my girls  ;D

+1 Same here, on all points!

I got mine just a few weeks ago! I'll always love my martins, but the CN is so much easier to clean and decorate.

I'm excited for you!
Happily owned by Bad Sundae, Auddie-Bear, and Cooper-Duper

Missing Norrie-Doodle and JoAnna the Hooded Avenger

Offline RatAttack59

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat Chick Rat Rescue
Jackson~George~Theo
Simon~Truffle
Romeo~ Othello~Sam
Wilbur~Moe~Captain~Felix
Mini Moe~Maisy~Midge

Missing our babies at the bridge
http://www.ratchickratrescue.com/

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »

Awesome :heart: Thank you for the information! :]

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
Believe it or not, Walmart has them :
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=crittr+nation&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

Free shipping

Ooo so many helpful places to look for them, haha. Thank you, and thanks everyone else for all of your help. As soon as I get my hands on a camera [I lost mine because I'm lame like that] I will post pictures in the CN thread, and post pictures of my girls so I can finally introduce them to all of you awesome GM'ers :]

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
Another question:
I am moving within a month or two and I was wondering if I should just wait for the move to assemble it [or even order it] because I've heard it's a pain to take apart.

Thoughts?

Offline dream_chaser023

• Rat Tails
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
Scroll down to "High Quality Cages" and you'll find the CN and FN listed.  Just after FN, you'll see a list of links in which you can purchase the cages from.  Some of the shipping has to do with where you are located, so check out all the websites and then see which one is the right fit for you. ;)

--> http://rat-tails.webs.com/ratinfo.htm

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
Scroll down to "High Quality Cages" and you'll find the CN and FN listed.  Just after FN, you'll see a list of links in which you can purchase the cages from.  Some of the shipping has to do with where you are located, so check out all the websites and then see which one is the right fit for you. ;)

Thank you! :heart:

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »

Sorry for two replies, but I have a question :] On the website: http://www.carealotpets.com/Products/Midwest-Critter-Nation-Double-Unit-with-Stand-36-in-L-x-24-in-W-x-63-in-H-With-FREE-CritterCare__57109.aspx that is recommended on the site you linked me, it says that you can get the CN with a free CritterCareTM I've tried to Google and find out what this is, but no such luck. Would you happen to know? Thanks.

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
Remember tamagotchis? It's like those. Electronic pets. Critter Care: http://www.petstreetmall.com/Critter-Care/8574/3493/details.html

Offline sevenfourteen87

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 12:55:03 AM »
Another question:
I am moving within a month or two and I was wondering if I should just wait for the move to assemble it [or even order it] because I've heard it's a pain to take apart.

Thoughts?

I haven't had to take mine apart yet, but I did have to lug it upstairs piece by piece - ugh! Haha. I'd probably recommend waiting and assembling it at the new place but I can imagine how hard it will be to wait!  :BlueDumboSmile:
Happily owned by Bad Sundae, Auddie-Bear, and Cooper-Duper

Missing Norrie-Doodle and JoAnna the Hooded Avenger

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 01:30:42 AM »
Its a pain to do frequently, but I don't think its so big a deal as to require waiting.  Disassembling it only takes five or so minutes (not counting carrying it whereever you are moving it, as that can be a pain if you don't have a cart thing? to put it in)  and I'd say assembling it takes about 30. 

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »
Remember tamagotchis? It's like those. Electronic pets. Critter Care: http://www.petstreetmall.com/Critter-Care/8574/3493/details.html

LMAO! That's great. Thanks!

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
Another question:

Thoughts?

I haven't had to take mine apart yet, but I did have to lug it upstairs piece by piece - ugh! Haha. I'd probably recommend waiting and assembling it at the new place but I can imagine how hard it will be to wait!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Thanks. Gah, it will be so hard to wait D:

Offline dream_chaser023

• Rat Tails
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »
Sorry for never replying! :(  I usually get an email from goosemoose, but my email has been acting up lately.

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
Sorry for never replying! :(  I usually get an email from goosemoose, but my email has been acting up lately.

That's okay! :]

Offline [inactive]

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Its a pain to do frequently, but I don't think its so big a deal as to require waiting.  Disassembling it only takes five or so minutes (not counting carrying it whereever you are moving it, as that can be a pain if you don't have a cart thing? to put it in)  and I'd say assembling it takes about 30. 

Only 30 min on a double to assemble? I heard it can be quite a pain. Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed your comment D:

Offline zenia

• Posts Too Much!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
I have the FN instead of the CN... Since Ferret.com wouldn't ship to me (after they had me on the phone for like 10 minutes, costing me $7 for the airtime they said they can't ship to Canada) I bought from All Pet Furniture. They offered free shipping (even to Canada) so I didn't have to pay an additional $100 or so on top of the $107 customs fees I had to pay. XD

APF was very good. I would definitely buy from them again if I need something they sell!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »

Only 30 min on a double to assemble? I heard it can be quite a pain. Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed your comment D:
lol its okay.  Yeah so long as you don't put it together wrong and then have to reassemble it again thats how long it takes me.  I feel that it is a bit of a pain, but in the grand scheme of things its not that much work.  I doubt I put it together much quicker than others but maybe someone else will chime in.

And holy crap Zenia!  :shocked2:  Wow.  Did you know youd have to pay customs fees?  I've had stuff shipped from other countries and never had to pay customs fees ??? maybe because they were cheaper items..