Author Topic: CN and Bass pan liners?  (Read 357 times)

Offline Zoomzy

CN and Bass pan liners?
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:05:51 PM »
So I finally placed my order for my double CN today.. And it was with a heavy heart that I did it.  One of my boys didn't make it to see the new cage. :(

That aside, I wanted to ask, has anyone here made liners for the deeper CN/FN Bass pans? I figured I could simply take the measurements of the inside of the pan, then leave several inches of fleece on each side that can be binder clipped to the sides of the pans. I was just wondering if anyone has examples or advice?

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Re: CN and Bass pan liners?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
You could always have liners made that fit the exact measurements of the pan and have it sit in the pan.  I've found most rats chew less that way anyway.  Otherwise, yes, adding 2.5 inches to the size of the pan would work and you could clip it to the inside of the pan (from the top of the ledge).

Sorry about your boy :(

Offline Zoomzy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:13:09 PM »
I figured I could go either way, but was curious as to how others do it. :)

Thank you..  :( He was such a sweet rat.. and a major hand licker. It was so sudden, just the day before he was sitting on my knee eating a yogurt treat. I just wish that I could have ordered the cage sooner. Maybe then he would have been around to see it.. he deserved better, but I tried to make him as comfortable as possible. :'(

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
Don't feel bad.  I know you were excited for him to get a bigger cage, but you tried and he knew you loved him  :heart: