Author Topic: *MRR Center of Attention: Patience and Lexi (New England and Surrounding Areas)  (Read 4120 times)

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
Patience and Lexi are two adorable, outgoing rats that are looking for a just the right family to love them! They were surrendered to MRR with their sister Phoebe by a pet store breeder in January of this year. The owner said they had only been with an 8 week old male for a few days, but these girls started the MRR 2010 Baby Boom soon after they were surrendered. Phoebe and the babies found homes long ago, now it is Lexi's and Patience's turn!

Lexi is the shyer of the two, but once she feels settled and safe, she comes out of her shell. She's not so sure about being held, but if you hold her securely and talk to her it makes her more comfortable. Lexi loves hammocks, taking treats from you, and will occasionally use a wheel.

Patience is very curious and sweet! With other rats she does like to be the dominant one, though. She loves the wheel and sleeping in hammocks and PVC pipes. Patience also enjoys shoulder rides and taking and eating snacks from your hand.

Both of these girls have awesome personalities and really want a permanent home together! They aren't so excited about other rats and due to their background should not be handled by small children. They love to be out of their cage with their humans who understand them. Their foster families says "they like to run all over the couch, and us, and love attention. They are wonderful rats! Friendly, outgoing, and human-centric!"

Please consider giving these wonderful girls the forever home that they have been waiting and longing for! Contact kim@mainelyratrescue.org or adopt@mainelyratrescue.org for more information or if you want to adopt these adorable girls! We often have weekly transports along Gregg's route through Mass, CT, New York, NJ, and sometimes as far as Allentown, PA!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:28:16 PM by Suebee »

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *MRR Center of Attention: Patience and Lexi
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
*bump*

These girls would really like I new home :heart:

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:02:43 PM »
*bump*

Still waiting for their forever home!

Offline speshul_rattums

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
Does anyone run a train to Atlanta GA? If so, I would very gladly take them in. I have the room right now, as well as a seperate cage they could have to themselves away from the rest of my colony. I do have two young children, but my rat room has a lock at the top of the door because the children are not allowed in the room with the rats unsupervised. We have had special needs rats in the past, and they understand that some rats prefer grown ups. If Atlanta is a possibility, let me know. I can offer references, as well as fill out any needed applications.

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »
Sometimes MRR can get them to Allentown, PA. You would have to try and arrange transport from where ever MRR could get them to where you are, which is very possible on this forum! Email mrr.robin@gmail.com to see if you can work something out!

Offline speshul_rattums

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
Will do! Let me know if those girls get adopted before I can find transport.

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
Okie dokie!

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
*bump* :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »
These girls still need a forever home!

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!

Offline heidinratties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
They're precious!  I hope someone adopts them soon :heart:
3 male rats. 1 male hamster. 2 female cats.  1 boyfriend.

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
I agree! They're adorable little girls

Offline speshul_rattums

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
I completely forgot about emailing the rescue to see if they could get a train this way! I need to get on that...I've just been so busy with preparing for a literature presentation, that it kept slipping my mind. They still haven't been adopted? I'm shocked, honestly. They are so stinkin cute!

Offline Raquel

• Donor
    • The New York City Rat Meetup Group
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
I don't know where you are, but the truck comes down (or up) 95 and someone in New York City met the truck at the Pelham Station of the 6 train and got sweet rats. raquel.cintron@gmail.com http://www.meetup.com/new-york-rat-group
Sorry, Atlanta GA. Why don't you contact http://www.starsratrescue.com/ Stars Rat Rescue has a national network of transport help. Please ask if they can help you. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:23:33 PM by Raquel »

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
    • Mainely Rat Rescue, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 07:29:06 AM »
These girls are being fostered in Arlington, MA right now.  They have been in foster care far too long and really need a home.  I fostered Patience when she had her litter, she is sweet, sweet, sweet!  Very outgoing, loved to be out and on the shoulders.  Lexi was a bit shyer, and always will be, but she is doing excellent now in her foster home and has really blossomed into an outgoing girl.  It makes me sad that they still have not been adopted.    ???

The adoption fee will be waived for the right family!

Email me at mrr.robin@gmail.com if you are interested. 
Adoption and Foster Care Coordinator
mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
    • Mainely Rat Rescue, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »
November 1st will be our truckdriving transporter Gregg's last run through CT, NY and New Jersey!  If live in those areas and are interested in adopting please let me know ASAP!  Starting the week of November 8th he will be making more frequent runs but only through Maine, New Hampshire to the Springfield, MA area and north of there!
Adoption and Foster Care Coordinator
mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »
*bump*
Please give these girls a home :BlueDumboBigEyes: It might not be to late to get them to CT, NY, or NJ if you contact MomRushlau today.

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:53 PM »
*bump* again :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline speshul_rattums

Someone take a trip down south and bring them to me!   :poke: I wish more than anything I was closer :(...praying for these girls!

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
Me too. If you set up something with the rescue and posted on here, I'm sure eventually something could be figured out. They're just so cute it seems impossible they don't have a home yet!

Offline Raquel

• Donor
    • The New York City Rat Meetup Group
speshul_rattums
Where are you? Our friend Anne may be able to pick up in MA and we work a train south for you, but where to? Thank you! raquel.cintron@gmail.com http://www.meetup.com/new-york-rat-group http://www.meetup.com/baltimore-pet-rats

Offline speshul_rattums

I am in alabama, but I can travel to newnan ga for a pick up (just a little south of atlanta).  :hyper:

Offline possum4

• Posts Too Much!
  • all that we love becomes part of us. Helen Keller
I am in Pa.....let me know if I can help.....would love to help MRR ...and another GM...
Dear Ratatouille...I miss you more than you'll ever know, thank you for the time we shared, This is not good bye...as I will see you when I cross that bridge...xoxo

Offline speshul_rattums

Aw! Thanks possum! I hope we can work something out. I fell in love with these girls the moment I saw them. Its perfect timing too because my rescue litter will be going to their new homes in two weeks when they turn six weeks old and I will have a cage just for them, since they don't like other rats. Crossing my fingers! :rattysmiley: