Author Topic: A question about poo.  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Whiskey on a Sunday

• Bella
    • myspace
A question about poo.
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
I adopted a wonderful standard mini Aussie mix a week ago. Hes great, He doesn't chew, he was crate trained in a day, and he's almost house trained... but he won't poo when he's on the lead. I've been taking him to the dog park but it's really unreasonable to drive all the way across town just so he will "go potty". (and some aggressive pits have been going and I'm not going to let Dexter get hurt) but what can I do to get him to poo while he is on the lead?

Offline Chewbecca

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ella's Lead
Re: A question about poo.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:12 PM »
Well, my non-aggressive pit bull won't poop on lead either.  But we have a yard that he'll happily go in.

Your dog will eventually poop on lead if he has to go.
www.ellaslead.com
The Only Collar and Lead You Will Ever Need!

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
Our dog had a problem when we went to letting her out on leash, she used to just get let out the door.  We just kept sending her back out to the yard telling her to do her business until she took a dump.
Then she got lots of reinforcement and a treat.  I still have a problem getting her to go sometimes, she goes for hubby better than she does me. And this dog will go in the house.  >:(

We dog sat my BIL's dog. I just couldnt get used to a dog that didnt at least try to go when you took it out. If it didnt absolutely have to go there was no way it was going to go. I hated leaving it in the cage all day while at work when it hadnt gone first. It never had an accident though.

• Bella
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
He still marks once or twice a day but it's just a few sprinkles. He's going to the vet on Friday. I don't like how gross and odd his poo looks. He needs his yearly check up anyway. He's losing weight and won't eat more than a couple of bites at meL time.

I'm getting him a harness and making a 50ft lead to use in the yard.  I'm hoping that will help him go to the bathroom.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:33:57 PM »
Make sure you take some poo with you to the vet.  :-X They will want to check it for parasites and whatnot.

• Bella
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:15:40 AM »
I will. I think he might have hook worms, and he's getting tested for heart worm as well. He was an outside only dog.