Author Topic: FN142 - Should I do it?  (Read 316 times)

Offline jregan

FN142 - Should I do it?
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »
I just found a FN142 on CL for $100.  Should I do it?  Pros and Cons?  I've got two girls - both are pretty good size.  I know Moose won't be able to fit through.  CatyCat might be a different story, but she's not really small either.

I read some other forum that talked about being over 350 grams in order to make sure they can't slip through.  I've been thinking of getting a Martin's 695 for Christmas, but maybe this would be a better way to go.  Any thoughts?

I just emailed the seller.  It may not matter if they've already sold it.

Here are my girls - maybe you can see the size of them with my daughter here in the pic.

Momma to Moose - Guardian to CatyCat

Offline Accidental Damage

• Posts Too Much!
    • One Stop Rat Fun Shop
Re: FN142 - Should I do it?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:36:02 AM »
How old is your daughter? That may help figure out by the picture if they are big enough. Though on first appearance they don't look like they would be able to escape. I think $100 is a good price if the cage is in good shape. You can always resell it if they do escape though  :thumbsup2:

Offline zenia

• Posts Too Much!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »
They look like they'd stay put... and if they don't, you can cover the cage in wire mesh. It took me two $13 rolls and a pack of zip ties.

Offline jregan

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
My daughter is 10.  I would love love love to have a better cage for the girls, but if we do go for it, I'm going to have to convince my hubby.  He's going to think it's way way too big.   ::)

Offline jregan

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
Well I haven't heard back from the seller, so it must be gone  :P - but I do really have my heart set on a Martin's anyway.  I just never see them on CL!  I kind of like getting a new one.  I understand that Martins is very willing to make the cage custom to your specs - which sounds nice to me.   :cheeky: