Author Topic: How many baby boys in a single CN?  (Read 231 times)

Offline Outofmymindyo

How many baby boys in a single CN?
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
So, I'll be ordering my double CN a few days before I go to pick up my 5 last adoptees and I am wondering if I'll need to use the entire double CN for a total of 9 BABY boy rats. The 2nd double CN will be ordered 2 weeks later but I'd like to house my girls in the other half of it until I can get the other full double CN so that I can stop having my house look like I'm some sort of BYB (I certainly won't be breeding rats lol). I have 2 cages setup for girls and 1 for boys right now. I'd like to at least be able to cut it down to just the 1 CN until I can order the 2nd CN so I wanted to ask here if it's doable.

Thanks!
Mom to 2 daughters, 2 and 4, 7 rattie girls, 4 rattie boys (soon to be 9), 2 bunnies, 4 cats, and 1 fish named Bob!

Offline Billie40

• Posts Too Much!
    • Billie's Bunks & Hides
Re: How many baby boys in a single CN?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
5-6 rats can be put into a single CN, (so 10-12 in a double) but it's tight. Especially if they're young, although small, they are still full of energy and will really utilize as much space as you can give. If it's a temporary situation it's not bad though. I'd make sure they're getting a lot of out time and as always, do everything in your power to keep the girls and boys completely seperated.

Offline Outofmymindyo

Re: How many baby boys in a single CN?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »
Yep, each part of the cage will be getting locks so as not to have any slip-ups by the kids. I'll be making sure they are supervised when interacting with the rats. They're not SUPER small anymore (and the new boys will be a tiny bit larger) so I'll probably just end up getting the double CN for the boys first and making a frankencage out of the 2 that are the same while the girls wait for theirs. I just figured I'd ask to see if it would work. At the moment the first set of 4 boys is just a tad bigger than palm-sized.
Mom to 2 daughters, 2 and 4, 7 rattie girls, 4 rattie boys (soon to be 9), 2 bunnies, 4 cats, and 1 fish named Bob!