Author Topic: $2 Hammocks! Place your order!  (Read 838 times)

Offline Tubagirl90

$2 Hammocks! Place your order!
« on: October 19, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
A friend just gave me a few yards of fleece (colors: pink, purple, light green, turquoise blue... 1 yard of each)
I was thinking about making a bunch of plain, regular ol' hammocks (about 12x12) and selling them at a minimum. I know a lot of people here are probably a little tight on cash (myself included  ::) ) so I thought I could make hammocks and sell them for a low price - a winwin for everyone!

Based on the fabric measurements, I can do the following:
for each yard of fabric I can make 6 12x12 (or something very close to that) hammocks - for each I would ask only $2

I also have some plain off white cotton (waaay too much of it!!) If you would like a larger hammock, I would be able to combine the cotton and fleece and make up to... *enters numbers into calculator* six/seven 14x16 hammocks. I could even do a double hammock with a 12x12 and 14x16 (you do the math  :P )

If you would like, I can go out and find some cotton with a cute design. I would get one pattern that matches the pink and purple, and another that matches the green and blue. If you would like me to do this, I have no problem with it (in fact, I would enjoy the trip to the fabric store), but I would ask for an extra $0.50 per hammock.

Soooo
A combined fleece/offwhite cotton 14x16 would be $3
A fleece/fleece 14x16 would be $3.50 (because I can't make as many with 1 yard of fabric)
A fleece/fleece 12x12 is $2
A fleece/offwhite cotton 12x12 is $2
A double hammock fleece/cotton is $4.50

If you're interested, please post what you would like on the board, so that everybody can see what is still left! You pay shipping - amount depends on how many you order and where you are located.

Thanks!!  :wave2:

Offline crzycoookies

Re: $2 Hammocks! Place your order!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
Could you hook them up with grommets, or are you doing ribbons?
Wanna meet my zoo?
Anna, Belle, Riley, and Minxie - The girly rats
Dante and Piggy - The manly rats
Jack, Zora, and Midget - The dogs
Shadow - The cat
Mrs. & Mr. Copper - The gopher snakes
Sheba, Lilly, and Thorn - The african clawed frogs

--Cynthia

Offline Tubagirl90

Re: $2 Hammocks! Place your order!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
I was going to use ribbon that I already had laying around. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra $4 to spend on a single box of grommets  :( , nor am I very confident with my grommet-using skills. I've used them before, but I just couldn't get them to stay for very long.
Thanks for asking, though!