Author Topic: I just ordered the Martins R695  (Read 959 times)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
I just ordered the Martins R695
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
 After thinking about it for weeks.. months..years i decided to go ahead and order the martins R695 power coated and added flip top.. i hope i like it..
From what i have seen its a great cage and the design has changed for the better. I had someone give me or we traded for an older non power coated with no flip top and the doors were smaller and it had been used..  i hope that fact that its power coated alone and with the flip will make it much better.

any thoughts on the cage?
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline odiakkoh

Re: I just ordered the Martins R695
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
I didn't really like it because my boys were messy and it was hard to clean. But I'm sure if I actually put liners down and made other slight adjustments it would've been fine. I sold it when my boys passed away though. Getting a CN next time. I do recommend using zipties to put it together rather than the rings though. It's just as if not more sturdy that way and soooo much easier to put together (and take apart).

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
 I have a critter nation and i am giving my ferret nation and all of my old cages away to Critter camp within the next month. My mom threw out my ALT 30X8X30 cage b/c it was rusted and she believed was no longer healthy for my animals/ just didnt like it so she threw it away last week.

I got the martin cages b/c i am thinking long term. I wanted a power coated cage for a very long time, the flip top would be nice and not having this very large cage. My boyfriend and I are approching that time in moving in together and i was always planning on only having a few rats; this years has just been pretty hard and i ended up loosing all but 4 rats. The point is i think its smart to have a nice "smaller" cage than the critter nation and i can also store it away till i get a house in a few years.

The cage is already shipped and i should see it soon :)
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
Re: I just ordered the Martins R695 PIC Heavy**
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »

Bottom:

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
 Its been a month and I LOVE this cage soo much. Its a little much for two tiny girl ratties but the goal is to at one time take the critter nation down and just have 4 rats in this cage :)

- easy to clean
- Large doors
-Powercoated
- TOns of space :)

I have had a lot of cages and never was this happy anyone looking for a good size cage should look into martin cages.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »
I'm so glad!  I thought it sounded like it would be a good cage for you :)  Your pictures are cute as well.

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 12:24:03 PM »
I love mine too.  I had mine for two years, but the past year it was packed in storage.  I had ten ratties and just wanted the larger levels so they would have more floor space so I bought the FN.  I recently adopted five more little girls so I took my 695 out of storage.  I really forgot how much I love this cage.