Author Topic: FN one level home?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Zoo4705

FN one level home?
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »
Hey all, just wondering if 2 female ratties would be okay in the top of a FN142? And above a chinchilla?? Would the rats and chin freak each other out? (I recently got a free chin with her FN 142, but she only uses the bottom level.  So the top is sitting empty!!) My girl ratties are in a Martin's cage downstairs, but I think that they would love to be upstairs and get even more attention but the only place for them would be the top of the FN. What do you think?? A lot of the pictures that I see in the FN thread have both levels available for the rats...
Thanks!

Offline zenia

• Posts Too Much!
    • DeviantART
Re: FN one level home?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »
I am not sure how they would react to the presence of each other. I don't think it would be bad though. When my sister and I lived together, my rats weren't bothered by her cats. Currently my roommate has two dogs and my rats aren't bothered. I also have a hamster in my room and they don't eve4n seem to know he is in the room.

As for being in the top of the FN, I think they would love it. I would order a second (full) pan though, so there isn't a cutout area that rat tails could poke down through.

Offline Zoo4705

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:11 AM »
I do have a full bass pan onboth the top and bottom levels so that the levels are no longer connected. My biggest concern was whether or not the chin would be upset...I don't think she would be but I thought I would check to be sure! Thanks for the quick response :) I've ordered a bunch more fleece stuff for the FN so after I get more liners and fun stuff for the ratties ill move them up there :) they will love being in the computer room lol they can never get enough attention!

Offline Victoriaa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »
RattiesSix has a triple level FN but one level is for girls, one for boys, and the other is for her ferret. So yes, it can be done.