Author Topic: Ferret Mansion or FN?!  (Read 231 times)

Offline rileymai

• Posts Too Much!
    • my flickr photostream
Ferret Mansion or FN?!
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »
Hokay, so locally I found a double FN for $100 or a Ferret Mansion for $45/obo.  I have been looking for something to keep boys in, large enough to have all them together if intros work (which will be seven or less if intros don't work) and the dimensions for the Mansion will easily hold that many.  Is it worth it to chase the Mansion before the FN?  Is the bar spacing going to be too big?  I'm really tight on money right now so it makes me a little ill to spend $100 before Christmas but I think I can do the Mansion's price.  It's in good condition - no rust, pans not chewed - and they said they'd be willing to hold it for me if I wanted it.  My brother offered to make an extra shelves or ramps if I ever need them, which would be nice.

Whatcha guys think I should do?  I will be trading two of my smaller cages (Martins 690 and an unknown brand around the same size) for a modified FN.  An amazing friend of mine gave me her old Martin's 695 that I will be likely moving the girls to soon, so they're covered. 

Offline OatmealandToby

• Posts Too Much!
    • Metal Heart
Re: Ferret Mansion or FN?!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
The only thing I don't think I would like about it is the levels. If that doesn't bother you, I think either would be fine. Bar spacing is an inch on both.

I'm a real stickler for lots of levels, and full levels at that, so I personally would never want that cage :P
Rest in peace: Tobias, Oatmeal, Turkey, Petra, Rhett, Waffle, & Elias.

The Boys: Toast, Sebastian, Avi, & Zia.

The Girls: Delilah, Tulip, Hester, Padma, & Eponine.

Offline rileymai

• Posts Too Much!
    • my flickr photostream
Re: Ferret Mansion or FN?!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 10:58:55 PM »
That's what is keeping me from getting it, the whole level situation.  I don't like how few it has either, and that's why I'm trying to make sure my brother could possibly make extra levels because that'd make it worth it.  If he can't or doesn't have time, I'll probably just let it go by.  The lady's sending me a picture of it put together tomorrow, so maybe it's not what I thought she meant (because she couldn't recall the name but it sounded like the Mansion) and I guess I'll just go from there. *sigh*