Author Topic: Viszla Pit Bull Mix In CT-Desprate Rescue Needed  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Viszla Pit Bull Mix In CT-Desprate Rescue Needed
« on: December 20, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »
I am posting this for my friend, with his permission.  He owns a property which he rented rooms in and sometimes lives there.  A tenant was hospitalized and no longer lives there.  Unfortunately, she never informed him or anyone else that she had a ton of cats and a dog still there.  He came back to the house and found ten(I think) cats there and a dog, starving  :BlueDumboBigEyes:  He has adopted some of the cats out, there are five left now.  Then there is Roofus. 

Roofus is a 7, 8 years tops, Viszla Pit Bull Mix.  His temperment is wonderful, he is incredibly sweet (I have met him myself).  He needs medical attention desprately however.  He has a growth on his butt.  It is painful for him to sit down and to poop.  Unfortunately, my friend is in very poor financial condition right now and so cannot just take on these animals himself.

We know that he is up to date on rabies and all the proper shots, but unfortunately we do not have the documentation because he was never his dog.  Prior to his abandonment, he was well taken care of.  He has already put some weight back on but he does not like to eat because he has a hard time pooping with the growth.

I have tried desprately to help my friend find a shelter to take them.  Sadly, we have called animal control, humane societies, everything.  All of the no kill ones say they are full.  The only ones that aren't full would put him down due to his medical issue.

He lives in Norwich, CT.  Transportation is unlikely unfortunately because my friend, Mike, does not have a legal car to drive.

Here is the sweetie himself:

Email me if you are interested for questions or Mike's number.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Re: Viszla Pit Bull Mix In CT-Desprate Rescue Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Oh yeah, it is in my profile, but my email is smesyna(at)att(dot)net

Unfortunately it looks like none of these get replies  :-\