Author Topic: pictures of how people have multiple cages set up  (Read 8774 times)

Offline vivianelizabeth

• omnomnom
Re: pictures of how people have multiple cages set up
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
pretty much! lol.

A lot of martin's cages aren't hard to clean.....

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »
yes i work a full time job and 10 hours sometimes 12 hours in a day and the last thing i want is to clean but i do love  to play with my rats for hours :)
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »
so do most people clean multiple cages all on their day offs or what?

Bleh, that would take me all day.  On my setup I have basically 5 columns of cages so I do a full clean of 1 column every day and spot clean the others daily.  Doesn't really take that long and fwiw:  I find the Martin's the hardest to clean.  The FN, the Cageworld cage and the ASF tank are super easy to clean.  If the shelves on the Martins would just pop in and out like the other cages, it would make my life easier.

Offline kscanuck785

• Posts Too Much!
    • http://ratsinpants.webs.com/ & http://www.etsy.com/shop/RatsInPants
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »
this is my Rat/Sewing Room :)
the Kk cage is now gone so I have the Martin's englander left and the red feisty ferret which was still at my place of business when the pics were taken.
the out time area is the window seat, where the KK was, so that was a big plus for me to have a place to sit and play with the girls  :thumbsup2:

Offline Jennandjuicetm

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
this is my Rat/Sewing Room :)
the Kk cage is now gone so I have the Martin's englander left and the red feisty ferret which was still at my place of business when the pics were taken.
the out time area is the window seat, where the KK was, so that was a big plus for me to have a place to sit and play with the girls  :thumbsup2:

What?! Why?! I LOVE that cage!! I remember seeing the posts when you first got it. I was looking for a cage before I adopted my first boys and I considered getting one just like yours!  :yelcutelaugh:
RIP:

Offline lucymoosey18

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:06 AM »

My main cage setup. Top FN is 3 male intact rats, bottom FN is 2 ferrets, entire CN is 8 females/neutered males. I also have a 2x3 hedgie cage, a 2x6 giant guinea pig cage, a prevue hendrix 'chinchilla/rat' cage as my budgie's cage, and 2 hospital cages currently

All the boards are for rat/ferret proofing so nobody bugs the other species or gender. My ferret Noodle got nasty toe bites once when I was taking a nap and someone let her out without putting anything around the rat cages. (cardboard barriers at the time)

Also, I highly recommend a non-electric push-broom for cleaning around the rat cages! Mine cost $20 and works better than any vacuum I've ever had, especially since with a vacuum you have to find a plug, bend every which way with a hose, and then it falls over on you and also loses suction >.< But with a push broom, my entire basement is always spotless. It even picks up sand. So if anyone is looking for the perfect solution for cleaning rat mess and cleaning under cages easily-this is it :P http://www.bissell.com/sturdy-sweep/

I really want to know where you got those white pans O.o

Left to Right!: Ozzy, Link, Ellipses, Oso, Roxy, Chexy, Gypsy, Littles, Possum, Stella, & MoeMoe!

Offline RayN

• Unconditional Love is the Best Love
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 07:47:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure she made them from cloroplast or whatever that stuff is.

Order Mary Kay from my Mom!

Offline kscanuck785

• Posts Too Much!
    • http://ratsinpants.webs.com/ & http://www.etsy.com/shop/RatsInPants
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 10:14:20 AM »
lol, yes it is gone, one of my friend has it and she needed it more than me so we did some trading :)

Offline craze_176

• Hillary?
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 02:08:49 AM »
I really want to know where you got those white pans O.o

They are indeed made out of coroplast. :D Just make sure that you cover the bare edges with edge cap (found in the paneling section of the hardware store) which is hard plastic, or they are more likely to chew it. Still no chew marks from my ratties!

Offline lucymoosey18

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 02:42:48 AM »
Sooo this is the day I got my Critter Nation:O

I had the FN before and I put it in my closet. I had the doors removed;D

The both fit perfect in there and saved a lot of space in my room.

I just put my clothes in a dresser and shoes in a pullout thing under my bed.

I put away everything else in my hallway closet and threw things out.

It worked out:]

Just thought maybe i'd show you and you'd want to do that:]

Dont mind me putting two picture codes in lol I wasnt sure where it would work.

Left to Right!: Ozzy, Link, Ellipses, Oso, Roxy, Chexy, Gypsy, Littles, Possum, Stella, & MoeMoe!