Author Topic: Potty training....  (Read 3466 times)

Offline ilovemyfurrycrew

• Ritten
Potty training....
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:48:21 PM »
I have two little lady ferts and am trying to litter train them so free time is more enjoyable for myself.... no surprise steps or constant clean-ups. I have care-fresh in their cage and yesterday's news paper in their litter pans. I put their tushes in the litter before they come out to play, and as soon as they scoot in a corner I scurry them to it again.... they dont seem to get it. I swear they like walking in their own poo's. Why not just keep it contained to a little box?! Lol.

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Potty training....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:36:17 AM »
Have you tried moving the litter box to where THEY want to go? Its a little different with kittens and ferrets. Kittens show.... ferrets they show. Also in the corners where they are not suppose to be going dangling toys help. It kinds of blocks them there. Hope this helps. :)
My rat can brux louder than your rat.

Offline Skyyler

• Love, is in the eyes of a rat.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »
When I had my four Ferrets there was a litter pan in their cage as well as one in their favorite corner of the room, otherwise there was poop. Corners are ferrets favorite places so always put the litter where they like to go!

Pet's name: Draven
Owned by; 7 man-rats, 2 girly-rats, 1 doggy, 1 kitty and 2 children

Offline Squeaky McMurdo

• Ritten
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »
 :doh: Mine like to go right in front of the doors so I can't put litter boxes there. They also like to roll in their poo. Weird ferrets anyway  ::)

Offline xxplay_beckxx

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
most ferrets decide for thereselfs wair they want to go watch them to see if they tend to use the same area for there toilet then put there litter tray there i use wodden cat litter chips in my trays (dont use norma cat litter it will sweal if they eat it)  my ferret wount use papper another ting i advise if you put the litter tray in the area they use regular they might push it out the way andgo around it do i make small holes in te litter trays and tiye them to the side of the cage she wll use it then

hope this helps