Author Topic: Sugar gliders in Maine  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
Sugar gliders in Maine
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
I have started a very small sugar glider breeding/rescue program here in Maine.

I am careful to breed very ethically; my gliders are pets, first and foremost, and will live here for life. They are spoiled rotten and have very large cages in their very own room. :)

All my gliders have pedigrees on ThePetGlider database.

I will never turn away a glider in need. Rescue gliders will NEVER be bred and will be neutered before placement.

All gliders, rescues or joeys, are placed on contract and must be returned to me in the event you cannot keep them.

I will only adopt to qualified, loving homes that have done their research. I will only adopt to people over 18 years of age. If you rent, I need written proof that your landlord will allow you to own sugar gliders. Please be prepared to fill out a questionnaire regarding how you plan to care for your gliders.

If you are looking for info on sugar gliders, please check out glidercentral.net. It's an online forum where you can learn everything you need to know, as long you as you put in the time.

To see pictures of my gliders and read more about my program, please find me on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Island-Gliders/164583510253481

Or e-mail me at islandgliders@gmail.com
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:32:17 PM by Sunilata »
islandsugargliders.com

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
Re: Sugar gliders in Maine
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
My link is being a little funny. It should be facebook.com/islandgliders

Also forgot to mention that I will not under any circumstances adopt to anyone living in a state where gliders are illegal (MA and PA come to mind, but of course HI and CA are also no-glider zones).

Contrary to some outdated info floating around online, sugar gliders *are* legal in Maine. You don't need a permit or anything. I called Dept. of Fish & Game myself. :)
islandsugargliders.com

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »
Due to disease concerns, I am no longer taking in rescue gliders or offering glidersitting. I am happy to help with placement of rescues, though, using my contacts and my Facebook page, and I am always happy to help anyone who is having problems with their gliders.

I am still breeding, and I have joeys every 2-3 months. Homes will be screened. Prices start at $250 for a standard gray, but I mostly focus on colors: WFB, leucistic, creamino, mosaic, and (hopefully!) platinums in the future.

I don't adopt to anyone under 18.

I hopefully have a website coming soon. Until then I am still at facebook.com/islandgliders

Feel free to e-mail with any questions! :)
islandsugargliders.com

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
My website is islandsugargliders.com

Thanks for looking! :)
islandsugargliders.com