Author Topic: "installing" the Wodent wheel  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Susiedbc

"installing" the Wodent wheel
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »
Stupid question, but do you just attach the black metal bar to the side of the cage with zip ties? Does it stay on the base when you install it?

Thanks!

Offline bit-bit

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm tough as glass and clean as night.
Re: "installing" the Wodent wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »
The wheel will stay on the axle/stand no matter how it's installed.  There's a little clip that holds it in place.

I actually attached the base of mine upside-down to the level above where I wanted it, so the wheel itself hangs down.  This keeps it from moving around in the cage, but without being right up against a wall.  I don't know what cage you have, but this works well in an FN/CN-type cage at least.

You can also just set the wheel in the cage.  It will move around a bit when it's used, but it's perfectly safe, and can be a good way to decide exactly where you want to mount it.

Offline Susiedbc

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »
Thanks bit. That helps. Also, mounting from the top is an interesting idea!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
The other way is to put the base wrapped around the corner, and then you assemble the wheel onto the base.  The transoniq website has instructions if you don't get my explanation.

Offline Kenzie

• Posts Too Much!
  • The Krusty Krab PIZZA Is THE PIZZA for YOU and ME!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »
I have a thread. Basically you flip the stand up, and zip tie it to the top of your cage.

http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4080195.msg4834845/,#msg4834845 If you scroll down I did a pic-by-pic on how to. =)

Offline Susiedbc

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »
Thanks Kenzie!

Offline RachsRatties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Be a hero. Adopt a Rat!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »
I wrapped mine around the outside corner of my CN.

Offline Kenzie

• Posts Too Much!
  • The Krusty Krab PIZZA Is THE PIZZA for YOU and ME!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
I wrapped mine around the outside corner of my CN.

=D hey, that's creative!

Offline Susiedbc

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
We have the same color wheel as you, Rach. So pretty! :)

Offline redwalnut

• Ritten
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »
The bars for my wheels came installed w/ the used cage I bought. However, the previous owner didn't tell me how to get the wheels to stay on the bar!  I have hardware, but NO idea how it all goes together.  HELP!!  =0)

Offline RachsRatties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Be a hero. Adopt a Rat!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
The bars for my wheels came installed w/ the used cage I bought. However, the previous owner didn't tell me how to get the wheels to stay on the bar!  I have hardware, but NO idea how it all goes together.  HELP!!  =0)

I'm not sure what you mean? All the pieces are apart or the wheel is put together but not on the stand? If the wheel is put together then there are 2 washers and a pin, one washer goes on either side of the wheel (make sure you use some sort of lubricant between the washers and the wheel - non-toxic of course). Place the wheel on the stand and you will have to use some pressure but the stand has a hole in it where the pin goes. Place that pin in that hole and the wheel will be ready to go.

Offline redwalnut

• Ritten
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean? All the pieces are apart or the wheel is put together but not on the stand? If the wheel is put together then there are 2 washers and a pin, one washer goes on either side of the wheel (make sure you use some sort of lubricant between the washers and the wheel - non-toxic of course). Place the wheel on the stand and you will have to use some pressure but the stand has a hole in it where the pin goes. Place that pin in that hole and the wheel will be ready to go.

Yes, the wheels are together, the bars are in place, I just didn't know how to put everything together.  Thank you!!