Author Topic: SoCal Kittens (formally feral) available 3rd week of May  (Read 1370 times)

Offline KristyS

• Castle of my Heart
SoCal Kittens (formally feral) available 3rd week of May
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
Locations I'm willing to go to/are familiar with: Yucca Valley, Morongo Valley, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Cathedral City, Riverside County, and anywhere close to San Diego but not San Diego.

No names for these ferals but besides a few extra toes, all but number 2 (aka Doc) seems healthy. Doc/2 has an eye infection and will be at the vet today at 4:10 pacific time. They are currently 5 1/2 weeks old, or 6 weeks old. Taken from their mother today so I can begin litter box training them and socializing them.

Three weeks with me, they'll be as tame as if I raised them from birth. I'm sure of it. I have socialized feral kittens before. So don't worry about their personalities. Also I will not be adopting out a male and a female to the same person because none of my local vets are willing to speuter them before 6 months old. Just a rule I made up, for my own self-safety. No offense intended. I'm looking for good homes, perminant homes, for these tiny loves and goosemoose is just one of the places I'm putting up an ad. Feel free to e-mail me with questions, or PM me with questions.

Available at 8weeks old: 16th of May (estimation) and with all their shots + a booklet with their medical history.

Price: I will show you the receipt I get from the vet for how much the immunizations cost per kitten. So whatever the cost is when I get their shots done, that'll be the price. The vet said 35 for each kitten but with tax and anything else, that'll be included in the price. BUT they might cut me a deal because they're feral, I'll be discussing that with my vet today at 4 and have an update post by 5 pm pacific time.

3 males, 2 females. 4 medium/short hair, 1 long/medium hair.

1. Female. Black/dark grey. Tiger markings - faint. Possibly long haired.

2. (aka Doc) Male. Light grey and medium grey. Some tiger markings. Possible medium hair.

3. Female. Brown, black, grey. Strong tiger markings. Possible short hair.

4. Male. Light grey. Faint tiger markings. Possible medium hair.

5. Male. Medium grey. Faint to medicore tiger markings. Possible medium/short hair.

Original thread: http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,cat/topic,4084653.0
My youtube which will have more videos of them in Higher Quality than my pictures: http://www.youtube.com/user/justyousee1?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/uoFqlmGLqN8
Thorn & Fat Foot
My love for all my other babies - I miss you all so dearly!

Offline KristyS

• Castle of my Heart
Re: SoCal Kittens (formally feral) available 3rd week of May
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »
Darn, modify option is gone. Anyways updates.

Vet says I can buy the three vacancies at the local feed store and that will save me a bunch of money. Thanks to advice from another member I was able to ask my vet that and she said it's totally fine to do so. Yay! So price for each kitten will be probably less than 30 bucks.

The total cost of my vet visit for 1 male kitten with an infection was $99.82 (is crying on the inside). 55 dollars for an exam (rip offfff), 19 dollars for Tobramycin Drops and 27 dollars for Viralys Gel. But good news is if the other kittens show signs of eye infection I have enough medicine to take care of it.

Doc/2 weighs 1 lbs on the nose, by the way.

Bought some paper pellet litter, 6 bucks for an entire bag, and some more Kitten Chow and some more wet food - 18 bucks total.

The kittens are confirmed 5-6 weeks old (she looked at their teeth and said I was correct in my estimation).

I'm asking friends and co-workers, as well as placed adds up on a few local websites and will be printing out a flyer for the shelter.

If someone says "I'll pay 50 bucks plus the immunization charges if you agree that in 6 months you give me 50 bucks back upon proof of speuter" I'll gladly agree to that. But a speuter refund contract is not a necessity with me.
Thorn & Fat Foot
My love for all my other babies - I miss you all so dearly!