Author Topic: baby intros  (Read 336 times)

Offline Sarahhampson

baby intros
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
hi so just looking for abit of advice i am getting two hairless babies at the end of the month they will be 6 weeks old after quarentine they will be going in with my other girls ( got hair ) who are about a year old i have done intros before but they have all been the same age i am just abit worried because there babies will be tiny compared to my monsters so will i have to do anything differently or just normal intros thank you

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: baby intros
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
Normal intros are fine.
People sometimes find that baby-older rat introductions go more smoothly, because your current rats don't necessarily perceive the babies to be a threat.

Offline denial

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
Normal intros are fine.
People sometimes find that baby-older rat introductions go more smoothly, because your current rats don't necessarily perceive the babies to be a threat.

I've had the opposite experience with girls. Adult girls don't seem to like baby girls (mine at least). I'd wait till the babies are at least 2/3 the size of your adults just as a precaution. And spend extra time while they're growing up to that size doing non-physical intro's (cage swaps, etc). Handle the babies then the adults without washing your hands in between. That's what I'd do(have done) anyway.
The Girls: Elysia, Morgan, Lucile, Elphaba, and Nessarose
The Boys: Cody and Danny.
The dog: Mimzy, my special ed. window licking bug chaser

Offline Sarahhampson

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
thankyou i am going to take it slow people do think my girl are younger than they are they tiny compared to some i have seen  probably because they are pet shop rats ( i got them from a rescuse) so they have bad genes i hope everythin goes ok with them but like i said i will take it slow