Author Topic: My birds  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Crittermomma

My birds
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
hello! I love this site I have JUST about everything for each forum HAHA! These are my babies.

This is Tuck Blue White Rump Diamond Dove 10 months old.

This is Lenny and Ming Ming Lenny is 3 and Ming Ming is 2

This is Ming Ming and Lennys baby the baby is 2 weeks old today.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: My birds
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »
I used to work at a petstore and I just loved the doves.
They are so docile!

I've never actually seen them in a home-situation though, do they make nice pets?
Can you hand-train them at all?

Offline Crittermomma

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:20 PM »
They are so awesome to own!! They are not loud like most birds are I have 1 male which is Tuck who is very vocal he will coo ALL day until its bed time and the lights go out BUT its not loud to where you can't talk on the phone or have a conversation in the room. I have all 4 of my doves in my living room. I will have to get a picture of my avery that my dad built for me. Mine are not hand tame. BUT You can make them hand tame you can hand feed them when babies but the thing about diamond doves is they grow so fast. The baby in the picture is 2 weeks old today and is already leaving the nest and trying to fly. Which he/she is getting good at. They make great apartment pets they aren't very messy. My breeding pair are messy thats because Ming Ming will sit in the food bowl and kick her food out to Lenny. But they eat parrakeet seeds and they need Grit to help digest the food. They also need calcium so what I do is grind up a cuttle bone and put it in their seed. They also like to eat boiled eggs with the shell i just break it up in little pieces with the shell. They come in a few different colors. Lenny and Tuck are called Blue White Rumps and Ming Ming is a Wild/Blue. Not sure what they baby will be as their colors change after their first malt. Which the baby maybe a wild blue or a blue white rump. BUT anyway I got carried away lol. They are really good pets even tho mine aren't hand tame and dont talk but their coos are soo sweet!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 11:37:30 PM »
I have a pair of not-handtame birds myself (parrotlets) and I love them too!
Though I have to say, I wish they just had that gentle coo'ing.

My babies scream.  ::)

Offline Crittermomma

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
my mother has 2 pairs of parrotlettes i think they are SOOOO cute!!!! Once my kids get older I would LOVE to get a Camalot Macaw!

Offline StarlaBlaze

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
I love the name theme you chose. My turtle's name is Tuck from the same little show.
Isabelle,Ozzy,Mojoe,Spanky,LilyRose,MoJo2, Charlie, Sassy(dogs), Livvie an Ouija (Rats)
Cubby,Luna,MrGrey, Lincoln, Safari, Shadei, Starla, Odyss(cats)  BeBe Girl(Iguana)  Frankie( Bearded dragon)