Author Topic: SCN or Feisty Ferret?  (Read 307 times)

Offline SerenityF3

SCN or Feisty Ferret?
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
Trying to decide which of these would be best for my needs. I can get them for similar prices - the SCN new for $140 with free shipping, or the FF used in a CL ad for $130. The used FF looks like it's in great shape, they even have the original hammock that came with it. Looks barely used.

Anyway, I need a cage for 3 male rats, the most I could ever see myself having is 5 but 3 is much more likely. Cage liners are not a very good option for me, since I go to the coin-op laundry, so I would need a bass pan for the CN. Would I still need to use a liner for the upper shelf? It looks like the FF has a grated floor and a slide-out pan, can you assemble it without the floor?

Space is also a consideration for me, I'm leaning towards the FF because it's still big with not as large a footprint. I live in a one-bedroom apartment. Feisty Ferret owners, what are the actual cage dimensions without the stand? How many rats?

Decisions, decisions... ;D

Offline Lillyloo

Re: SCN or Feisty Ferret?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
I just got a FF last weekend and I'm loving it. I have four boys and they all get plenty of room to romp around now :) the actual cage is 32(w)x40(h)x20(d). I know the wire floors come out but I haven't tried it with just the pan I imagine it would work though. What I've done is wrap the floors with a cut up waterproof bed sheet then  layer a towel and fleece on top of that (I have the same laundry problem but I throw them in with my regular clothes and it all comes out fine.) The boys pretty much litter trained them selves so that wasn't a problem either just made sure to fill the box with their old dirty litter from their last cage and some new and they got it.