Author Topic: rat looking for a new home ASAP in NY  (Read 413 times)

Offline Mia_love

• Ritten
rat looking for a new home ASAP in NY
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Hi, I'm posting this message for a friend;

A few days ago my friend purchased a pet rat from a petshop but because she is moving to college this weekend she needs to find a good home or a rescue that will take her by this Friday.  Her rat is named Tinker Bell and she is a dumbo and is brown with white (like a hooded rat but without the stripe on her back). She is approximately 9 months old.  I would have taken her but I recently adopted two boys and I can't take another one.  Unfortunately, because she is not allowed to take her to her dorm, if she can't find a place for Tinkerbell she will return her back to the petshop (guaranteed snake food!)  :-[.  If someone is interested in adopting her or knows of a rescue in the tri-state area please feel free to contact Tinkerbell's mother, Adelle and email her at adelle_muniz@aol.com for more information.  Your help would be appreciated.  P.S she is located in staten island, ny and is willing to meet halfway.

Offline Titi26

Re: rat looking for a new home ASAP in NY
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
I hope your friend finds Tinkerbell a good home.  I agree with you, returning her back to the petshop might be a bad idea.  You can also post her message at NY Rat Meetup, you may find a great person as well as several rescues that might take her.

Good luck

Offline Mia_love

• Ritten
Re: rat looking for a new home ASAP in NY
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:06:36 PM »
Thanks.  She actually found a rescue from the ratmeetup that is willing to foster her and find her a good home.  She will be leaving this Thursday.  Thanks to those who responded and to those who  emailed her, you guyz actually saved a rats life from being snake food  :thumbsup2:

I   :heart: my rat peeps  :cheeky: