Author Topic: Adrian & Audrina - my twinnie kitties!  (Read 1671 times)

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
Adrian & Audrina - my twinnie kitties!
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
Figured I'd branch out of the rat section for once and show off my cats! 
Believe it or not but these two girls are NOT related at all :)  (Or not that I know of!)

Audrina is 10 years old and I purchased her out of a newspaper ad when I was a teen.  She is named after My Sweet Audrina, the book by VC Andrews because that was my favorite at the time!  She is a very vocal Miss Priss who is way above "playing" and has pefected the "aloof" persona.  She is permenantly attatched to my side and is my baby  :BlueDumboSmile:  She doesn't particularly like anyone else, including my husband.

Likes: sitting in open windowsills, smacking spoons full of (insert food here) out of my hand, licking wet hair and head butting.
Dislikes: anyone but me, water, acting interested in anything, the basement

Adrian I adopted from Petsmart about 9 years ago.  She is roughly the same age as Audrina, looks very similar (except for her moustache) and actually already came named Adrian.  I thought it was fate, so we brought her home! Adrian is a fat butt and she will eat anything.  She is very lovable and I was actually offended when I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) because she doesn't pay me any attention when daddy is home. She is HIS lap cat and will actually inch her way onto his lap.  For being such a big cat, she's very stealth at getting onto laps.  You'll just look down and there she is.
Adrian very rarely meows.  Well, she tries but she opens her mouth and just sort of makes a sort of "a-a-a-a" noise where she is meowing, but nothing comes out  ::)

She is also a master photo model.  She LOOOVES hamming it up for the camera and always sits like a little lady with her paws crossed.

Likes: puff balls, lazer pointers, laps, grooming anything that lets her (humans, Audrina, the dog's face... I'm sure if the rats stood still she'd groom them too), sunbeams, sleeping in odd positions
Dislikes: You know, I'm not really sure she has any dislikes... she's a pretty easy going cat!

Hope you enjoyed the pics!
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: Adrian & Audrina - my twinnie kitties!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:50 AM »
They are so cute!!
Adrian's little mustache cracks me up. Poor kitty.

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
I think it would be a much kinder fate if she were a boy and had a moustache! People call her "he" all the time. lol.
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
Adorable!  :) 

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Very pretty kitties.  Love the moustache on Adrian!

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »
I forgot that I had made this thread and came to add more pictures!

Audrina

Adrian

Guess I'm not allowed to move cause I make a great pillow

I swear, she crawled into these positions all by herself...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:57:41 PM by coeurfragile »

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
Very nice!  I've ended up taking one too many accidental naps because somehow I ended trapped by lounging kitties!   ;D  (Worse things can happen unless it results in being late to work!   :doh:

- Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
Kitty inspired naps are the best, IMO!  ;)

Cats are funny critters.  Isis has determined that she must sit on hubby's lap anytime he's on the couch, and, if he reclines, she gets on his chest. 

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »
A few more random shots I found hanging around the computer:

Hubby pets the cat, the cat pets him back...

Bad kitteh you are not supposed to be on the bed!

Or in the rat laundry!

Hanging with their buddy, my lab/beagle mix Sunny

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »
They look like kitties that are very much at home!  And they are super cute, too!   ;D

BTW, the dog I grew up with was named Summer...and Sunny just reminded me of her.  She was a golden/lab (probably!) mix and had a bit more hair, but I still miss her after all of these years!

- Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
Silly you, don't you know cats excel at being in all the places they're not allowed?   :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »
Silly you, don't you know cats excel at being in all the places they're not allowed?   :yelcutelaugh:

I gave up on that forever ago!  (Restricting movement).  Yeah, guests love it when the cat jumps on the table during dinner.   :doh:

- Raaz.