Author Topic: TN Shelter Rats need homes!  (Read 767 times)

Offline Libby

TN Shelter Rats need homes!
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

I adopted a pair of females that have faint point markings and are very sweet. I'm to transfer some Saturday to GA to the rescue in Norcross, it's not enough though ---they can only take 6 at this time.

These rats are all very sweet and just need good homes.  On Saturday they had at least 12 females (2 litters) and 4 cages of males. Keep calling the shelter if you can't get an answer at first.  If you have any questions concerning the adoptable rats or adoption policies, please contact  at 215-6599 or e-mail adoptions@knoxpets.org.

Out-of-state/out-of-area adoptions are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Director of Adoptions at 865-215-6599 if you are outside of our area and are interested in adopting a pet rat.

Please visit the web site at Young-Williams Animal Center for photos of these sweeties!  :heart:

No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink.  ~Murray Banks

Offline daratter

• Rattie raisins for all!
    • Phoenix Gate Rats
Re: TN Shelter Rats need homes!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »
Just wanted to give an update to this case, the GA Rat Rescue located in Atlanta, with the help of a wonderful rat lover Beth who did the whole transport, was able to take in 13 of the females into fostering homes where they will be looking for forever homes for these girls in and around the area (providing they pass quarantine and health/temperament adoption suitability evaluations) by the end of August. Contact the GRR to inqure about availability of these girls.

Come visit us at www.pxrats.com

Offline Libby

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
Glad to hear that the lucky 13 are doing well! There are still quite a few big squishy boys left in the Young-Williams shelter located in Knoxville TN. If you have room in your home and your heart, pls consider one of these sweet guys!  :shocked2:

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone saw my post in the other thread, but if there is any way to help with transport partway to Frankfort, KY, BgRR said they could take in a few.

Offline Libby

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:58:48 AM »
I did see that some place. If you want to, contact Monica at the Young-Williams shelter...discuss details......how far are you from Knoxville?  ::) My hubby MIGHT let us take another ratty road trip!! Esp if it's not an all day drive.

Monica at -
Young-Williams Animal Center
knoxpets.org
(865) 215-6599

3201 Division St, Knoxville, TN

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »
According to Google, it's a 3 hour 14 minute trip from Knoxville to Frankfort, and you would only need to get them partway.  Amanda neuters all incoming males (health permitting) so any boys sent to her would probably have a very good chance of being adopted out, and she said she would be able to take in 7 or 8.  I'm a couple of hours North and can't help them out as much as I'd like, but if you're interested in trying to work something out, you can email Amanda at bluegrassrattierescue@gmail.com.

Offline Libby

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:02:08 AM »
Hi!

Sorry - I only transport. I don't work for Young-Williams therefore am not able to make any arrangements. .... and that's where the rats are. I think there were 6 males when we took the females to GA on Saturday. They were big squishy guys. I'm fairly sure Monica would be happy to realease them to another rescue since everything went so smoothly with GRR.  :thumbsup2:

Monica at -
Young-Williams Animal Center
knoxpets.org
(865) 215-6599

3201 Division St, Knoxville, TN

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:01:58 AM »
I just figured it would be easiest for you to go straight to the source instead of me playing messenger.   :P  I don't actually work with BgRR, I just adopt from them and pass along the word about ratties I hear of in need.  I will send her the contact info for the shelter, though.

Offline Libby

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
Considering I'm not even a volunteer at YWAC I'd be afraid of doing something I'm not supposed to  :puppy_dog_eyes: and Knoxville isn't really a rat loving kinda town (hence my application with GRR which is how this whole thing started and why the shelter in TN is exporting rats to OTHER states!) so I want to make sure I maintain a good relationship with the director of Young-Williams.

I will pass your contact info to her. She emailed and said they still have more that they can adopt out. Also the rats are probably very stressed from being housed in a room full of c-a-ts!  :shocked2:

Offline Libby

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »
Hi!

I got permission from the shelter to make contact with BgRR &  tried to contact BgRR but no response. Now there are 11 of these sweet guys..... in a kill shelter. I'll transport them and can probably drive the whole way and back in a day so that's not a problem. Maybe I don't have the correct contact info.   :puppy_dog_eyes:

2 of the new guys look like dumbos!

Offline Rattitude_Rescue

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rescue. Rehabilitate. Rehome.
    • Rattitude Rescue
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »
If there are any more, I'll be able to get them as soon as possible. I forgot about the time change and was late calling them yesterday :P

I'll call today on my lunch.

And I'd just like to say how happy it makes me that two rescues work so quickly to help these little fuzzies out. This is why I started a TN rescue in the first place.