Author Topic: Big Golden Boy Looking for Home (upstate NY)  (Read 1095 times)

Offline trentsheba

• Posts Too Much!
Big Golden Boy Looking for Home (upstate NY)
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

I'm disabled and live in an apartment in a 2 family home owned by my parents.  Due to some very bad situations, we are losing our home.  We're looking for a house where we can keep most of our pets, but I will not have my own place.  I will be living with them.  This is a problem for my big boy, Jack.

He was born a stray and is a very nervous cat.  He needs a quiet and stable home, with no children.  He's good with dogs, (as long as they're gentle), and other cats, (always backs down from fights).  He is however, afraid of people.  He never scratches or bites, (love bites, but that's it), no matter how scared he is.  In a quiet environment he can be VERY affectionate once he's had time to adjust and has gotten to know you.  Food is very effective at getting his attention, even when scared. 

Jack is one of the best behaved cats I've ever met.  He doesn't get on counters, always uses the litter box, and doesn't claw furniture.  He is a strictly indoor cat and becomes VERY frightened when outside.

I love my Jackey Boy and it's killing me to do this.  However, even if we can find a place where we can keep everyone, it would be a bad environment for him.  Jack needs a special kind of home.

Pets name: Ben
 Moe

Offline Andrea12065

Re: Big Golden Boy Looking for Home (upstate NY)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
where upstate are you?

Offline trentsheba

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »

I'm in Gloversville NY.  It's about an hour north of Albany and about a half hour from Schenectady.

Moe

Offline Andrea12065

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
I can ask around for you. Im around schenectady area :)

Offline trentsheba

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
Okay, thank you.

Moe