Author Topic: New rabbit Questions  (Read 1160 times)

Offline ss_liloutlawssilverfox

• I <3 my ratties!!
New rabbit Questions
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
I got a 10 month old male full size rex     he is a pretty good size rabbit and gets bored really easily is there any way i can make him happyer or less bored untell i get him a buddie??    :rattysmiley:  Thanks!

Offline htsr4

Re: New rabbit Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

Offline JessicasZooCrew

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »
Get him neutered and find him a spayed (or neutered) friend =)

Ok, if that's not feesable, get him toys he can toss around (baby keys, cat cylinder type toys, treat balls, etc), small baskets (natural wicker, plastic) and cardboard boxes to destroy, old phone books are great (very messy though), balls of newspaper for him to shread... Most of my bunnies are harness trained and enjoy walks around the yard. Various sizes of cardboard boxes with doors cut out, some low and turned upright for him to jump it... use your imagination! 99 cent store is a great place to start. Dog, cat, bird, and ferret toys can all work. I have one that enjoys carrying the ropes from the 99 cent store around (the tug of war ropes). Also, rabbits like to dig - especially does. Until we finish our bunny escape proof outdoor space I have a wading pool full of dirt they get to dig in.

I also have a baby flor thing where the toys hang above that some of my bunnies enjoy (picked it up for $4 at a yardsale).
~~Jessica And Crew~~

Offline Eileen

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Be nice to someone today!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:47:23 PM »
One of my rabbit's favorite toys is an empty water bottle that I put pebbles in and recapped. He tosses it all over and loves the sound; it cost under a dollar.

If he is not already neutered, he should be to cut down on the chance of any hormonal disease. Here is a link on how to find a rabbit-savvy veterinarian:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/vet.html

I have had 2 pretty big rabbits and they are pretty content. If your rabbit is big, you should look into a exercise pen instead of a cage. Both my rabbits were/are 8lbs and when I open the cage door, they usually were happy to stay inside.
Gulliver's Travels  may be over, but they will never be forgotten..