Author Topic: Searching for a pair of rats in the Lexingtin, KY area  (Read 490 times)

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
Searching for a pair of rats in the Lexingtin, KY area
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
I will be a first time rat owner and am searching for a  pair of rats to adopt. I had had my eye on a pair of does at the Lex Humane Society, but, due to my apt managers bring silly, I wa unable to adopt and someone else did.
So, I'm searching for a lovely pair of ratties to come fill the empty cage I had so eagerly set up. Please let me know if you know of any rats around here that need a forever home. I'm willing to travel to up to an hour or so...gas money is a little tight otherwise I'd go further.

Thanks so much!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: Searching for a pair of rats in the Lexingtin, KY area
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »
I've heard ridiculously wonderful things about Bluegrass Rattie Rescue.
(http://www.bluegrassrattierescue.com/)
Their site says they are in Frankfurt, KY, which looks like it is about 44 minutes from you.  ;)

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »
Yes, definitely contact BgRR!  Amanda is wonderful, and my 2 girls that I have adopted from her are absolute sweethearts.  She neuters all males, too, so you could have the best of both worlds!  :thumbsup2:

If you're looking for babies, though, I am in Cincinnati and travel to the Lexington area often (my parents live in Lawrenceburg).  I am fostering a momma rat for Rattie Tattie Rescue, and she gave birth to 13 bubs on Monday afternoon (see their thread here).  They will be available for adoption October 3rd.  If you're interested, you can either shoot an email to the address listed in my profile or look me up on Facebook (Ashley Michelle Haws).

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »
Awesome! I just filled out an adoption app for BgRR, so hopefully I'll hear from her soon.

In regards to the babies, I think I'll hold out on say yay or nay to them. I saw your thread and they look absolutely adorable though! If things don't work out with BgRR, I'll get in touch with you again and see where you're at with homes for the litter.

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »
Sounds great!  If you have a hard time getting ahold of Amanda, let me know... last I heard she was having some computer issues.  I can give her a call if need be.

ETA:  I'd recommend liking their Facebook page if you're on there... the pictures are usually a little more up-to-date.